The Jester's Jester


I love to decorate for the holidays. Right now, New Orleans is kicking off the Mardi Gras season. That means everyone in the city believes that the colors – purple, green and gold – look fantastic together. They do, you know, truly!

Of course I have decorations up, including both of the house doors decorated, but I forgot to take pictures of those.

I have to share with you one particular decoration… I was on the hunt for something to put on the dining room table as a centerpiece. Greg and I went to a Mardi Gras store and found a cute jester doll and thought it would work perfect.

Along with the Fleur de Lis in the Mardi Gras colors, the jester was a good addition. We placed him on the table… The next morning, Greg and I were sitting at the table and this conversation followed:

Greg: “You see what the jester is doing right?”

Me: “Huh? What? Oh My Gosh!” (See picture below and look at hand placement. Neither of us did this to the jester, he was placed on the table without looking at the placement of his hands..)


So, of course, I had to move his hands. I figured I could just move one hand and it would be Ok.



Greg looked at the new hand position and said, “Now it looks like the jester is smiling and saying ‘Yeah, look how big mine is!’”


This just isn’t what I need to be thinking about while at the dining room table and certainly not how I want to entertain guest! (Bloggers, sure but not dinner guests.)


Now, the jester’s hands are in meditation mode. But you see him smiling and you know what he’s thinking!


Other decorations in our home for Mardi Gras that aren't vulgar, I promise!

Christmas tree turned Mardi Gras

Comments

Coffeypot said…
You know me, I would leave the Jester the way he was in the frist picture. He is the Jester, ya know. And are you gonna show your boobs for some beads? Pics, please!
Jules said…
Yeah, that is an evil grin he is wearing. :) Could have just stuck a little flag in his hands. I so want to come to Mardi Gras one year :)

Check out my post today and pick up something :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Anonymous said…
Looks like wonderful decorations for a happy celebration!!
GingerJar said…
OMG, it is 3:27 a.m. here, and I have just been laughing so hard at this that tears are running down my face....OMG soooo funny, love your sense of humor! (and the comment moderator word: squall....haha)