Happy Valentine's Day


Last week, Greg and I agreed that we wouldn't buy gifts this Valentine's Day. We would only exchange cards.

We considered making dinner reservations, but I didn't want to do that. The restaurants are packed for Valentine's Day, the service is slow and the food generally isn't that good because the chefs are in a rush. Instead, we opted to go out to eat on Sunday, the night before Valentine's Day. We had a lovely meal...

Then, we come home and Greg hands me a card. I said, "But it's not Valentine's Day. I'll wait to open this until tomorrow." I turned to put the envelope on my desk and I heard Greg say.... "Guess you shouldn't open this until tomorrow either."

OMG. A small blue velvet box! Go ahead and ask, did I open it....

OH YES! I love it! Greg said that he ordered it many months ago. It is hand made from a jeweler that he knows. Greg went back and forth with the design until they created something Greg was happy with. My husband has wonderful taste!

The jeweler called Greg to ask him if he wanted to see how they poured the gold, Greg wasn't far from the store... so Greg was able to see the initials pendant being created - from design to the gold being poured - how cool is that?!

I love it, love it! It's beautiful, decorative but not overly so and it's precious as Greg designed it. And I think it's so neat that it's handmade (the scrolls are all done by hand as well)

Thank you, My Love!




Comments

Ugich Konitari said…
What a wonderful piece !

(Now you can get the "O" earrings to make a set ! :-))....Happy Valentines day ....)
Jules said…
I'd say yes he does have good taste. I so agree with the dining out thing, I'm cooking my special dinner :)
Happy Valentine's Day!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Well, that beats the lotions I purchased for my wife!
Nice gift. He did well.
And we don't eat out on Valentine's Day either.
Holly said…
How romantic and thoughtful!!!! What a keeper!
Wow, What a sweet necklace & what a sweet husband.
-Debbie
Shay said…
What a great gift!
Carma Sez said…
Greg is quite a guy. It is lovely and so thoughtful!!
shelley said…
what a grea gift... loved looking at all of your photo's! thanks so much for popping by the other day!! i'd love to go on a cruise one of these days.... hope you are having a great day!
*waving,
shelley
ps.. i built my dream and went on to build 25 more in the dc area and then helped many across the states...stay tuned... :)
Debbie said…
What a great gift! It's also touching that he went to all that trouble. You had a good Valentine's Day!
Really sweet! It is such a change to see people do things for Valentine's day because they really mean it.. because these days it has become so commercial.