Happy Anniversary Sweetheart

I can't believe it's been two years, Sweetheart. What's the saying, "Time flies when you're having fun" - one thing is for certain, your love of life and positive thinking definitely makes life fun. It's one of the many things that I found so attractive about you! People are drawn to you, because of your joyful nature. The world needs more people like you in it ~ a source of light and laughter.

You mentioned to me, Honey, about writing a letter to each other of things we loved about the other person. I hope you don't mind me writing it on the blog. Your love fills up my joyful cup and overflows... I guess I consider this "our blog" even though I'm the one who primarily writes on it :) I know, some thing should be kept private, right? *wink* Those things will remain private, don't worry..

What I love about you.... oh, Greg, so many things!

.... the way that you wake up as a morning person, chipper and full of energy....

..... when you give me a wink or kiss my hand, those tender moments between just the two of us...

…. how you love to use the apple peeler that I gave to you for Christmas… that you enjoy how it peels, cuts and cores the apple :)…

..... how you hold my hand when we're walking and how you open doors for me, chivalry lives :)

...... how you make me feel protected and safe with your strength and confidence....

...... I love how first thing in the morning, you bring me water to take with my medicine, because it's how you care for me....

......how thoughtful you are and quick to offer a hand to help anyone....

..... your ability to create things, knowing you have a lot of knowledge about equipment and tools, yes, it's sexy! (and also how you're tech savvy :)

...... how romantic that you love sunsets and sunrises and will call out to me to come share those moments with you..

..... how you tolerate my vampire movies and book reading.... (and even watch those movies with me :)

...... how you'll offer suggestions and really appreciate the jewelry making that I do....

...... your desire to be healthy and for us to be healthy together...

…. how you communicate with Tigger (our Siamese cat) and make him happy…

..... how you wanted me to take the sleep apnea test and now encourage me with the cpap machine...

...... the massages you give are heaven sent.. how you know just where my muscles ache....

..... your delight in Christmas and decorating for the seasons, that you share this with me...

..... I love entertaining friends and family with you. You said, "We make a good team with entertainment".. I think so too :)

..... you make me smile when you do a happy dance or dance to music and now you have me doing that too....

...... how you enjoy it when I shout (ok, and maybe cuss too) when a football game is in action .....

..... how you enjoy and want me to play the piano....

...... I'm so glad that you don't smoke, rarely drink and don't care to gamble....

..... love how the doctor said that she had to meet you in person because you were so well adjusted and realized the test didn't lie....

...... I love how you look for the good in people but are also aware of behavior and attitudes...

.... I love that you are comfortable in how masculine you are that you don't mind wearing the red shirt I bought for you or holding my purse when I ask....

..... when you tell me that I'm beautiful, I feel beautiful because of that look in your eyes....

..... how you feel so incredibly good when we snuggle together...

..... how you say "ok, go ahead and try" and every time, I'm able to tickle you.....

..... your sense of adventure and excitement of life....

..... how when you want me to relax, you tell me to close my eyes and talk to me about our cruise to Alaska.... (now we have Hawaii memories too!)

.... your sense of work ethic and how much you enjoy your work....

..... how you have a quick wit, intelligent mind and beautiful soul....

..... how you don't mind when I cut my hair, even though I know you like long hair (it's not too short though ;)....

..... how we both come from loving, nurturing, giving families and both of our families love us and accept us…

.... your blue eyes... they are handsome, sexy, beautiful....

..... how you want a kiss from me the minute I come home....

.... how you text message me at random times to let me know you're thinking of me....

.... how you love to do "rocks, papers, scissors" to see if you can guess what I'm going to pick and how we do the thumb wars…

..... how you are financially responsible, no use of credit cards, no over spending, how we are planning our future together....

..... when we aren't together and you take pictures of things that you think I'd like... knowing that you are thinking of me when we aren't together...

..... you are nurturing and giving... I love how you make breakfast for me in the morning and green tea in the afternoon and how wonderful of a cook you are, how you can find anything in the house and toss it together into a meal fit for a king and queen….

..... how you insisted that I go to the doctor when I wasn't feeling well right before Christmas. I didn't want to go and you were right to insist, wanting me to feel better so we could celebrate Christmas feeling good....

…. when you say “Christmas is more special when you share it with the person you love”… it melts my heart…

… how, even after a long day of driving, you’ll still drive us somewhere when you get home, because you know I don’t like to drive….

…. you make me feel that my happiness is important to you (and I sure hope that you know how much your happiness means to me!)…

...... that you give me space when PMS arrives and you still love me when I'm grumpy and moody....

...... how out of the blue, you tell me that you love me, how special it makes me feel....

....... I love how you enjoy surprises, both giving and receiving them....

..... how romantic your proposal was, at the place of our first date and with our family there as a surprise....

..... you are generous and thoughtful, kind and loving and it's not just for me, but for anyone who is close to your heart, that makes it even more beautiful...

..... the way that you love me, makes me the luckiest woman on this earth...

..... those were just a few reasons, my love.... I could write a book full of them, because your love fills me up...


I can't imagine my life without you, Gregory Patrick O'Brien. The only regret I have is that I didn't meet you sooner... I cherish our time together all the more. You are my world, my love, a source of happiness that I can't express with words.


Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart ~~~~ I love you..... More!

Comments

GregO said…
And the best part is that I love you more than you love me.

I cant imagine any drug making me feel this good.

Incredible.
Anonymous said…
This is so beautiful!
Ha ha, you two are still honeymooners!

Cute.
That was sweet! And if it were me, you'd have to sponge me off the floor where I'd melted into a puddle of mushy, sentimental embarassment.
Happy Anniversary you Lovebirds!!!
RGB said…
That's the sweetest thing I heard anyone say! Wishing you both a happy anniversary and a lifetime of togetherness, filled with love and joy:)
Betty Manousos said…
Wow! What a great tribute!
That is a very sweet and heartfelt post. I'm so touched.

Happy Anniversary!

B xx
Betty Manousos said…
Wishing you an everlasting happiness!
Heather said…
AWWWWWW...oh, this is so sweet!!! I hope to find a man like this someday. :)

And thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog! Nice to "meet" you, Aleta!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Happy Anniversary to two Love Birds! Your post is beautiful.
xo jj
Carma Sez said…
I swear that list just kept getting better and better - may you have many, many, many more happy years together :-)
Penny said…
Awwww!!! Happy (late) anniversary to you two!
Mari said…
Happy belated anniversary! I love seeing how you two love each other!
Betty Manousos said…
Just passing by to say hi!

Have a fantastic weekend!

B xx
Rashikaps said…
Wish you both great times and many years of togetherness :)
Jules said…
I swear I commented on this already :( It is a beautiful post. May you have may more together.

Thank you for the kind words on my blog. People like you bring such joy to a snowy day :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Lilly said…
I think it is a beautiful post too and after reading your blog a long time I love Greg too. And you. You are just wonderful people who come from wonderful families and deserve a wonderful future together. The perfect match I would say and and I wish you many, many years together. Oh real Love like this is grande. And don't worry you didnt meet each other earlier Aleta, perhaps you had to go through the bad stuff to get the good stuff. And you found it in each other and never let it go! xx