You know Dasher and Dancer


And Prancer and Vixen,
Comet and Cupid
and Donner and Blitzen.
But do you recall....
The most famous reindeer of all?




Ok, the above picture doesn't look like the Rudolph of our childhood.

The other night, Greg and I turned on the Christmas tree and surfed the channels for Christmas shows. Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was on and yes, two adults - we watched it. The graphics were old and the story retold so many times... but we watched it to the end and enjoyed it.

It's one of the joys of Christmas ~ you can embrace the spirit of childhood memories, cartoons and all. Christmas allows us to see the world through the eyes of a child. I think that's called "hope."

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say,
"Rudolph with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
Then all the reindeer loved him
And they shouted out with glee,
"Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer
You'll go down in history!"

Comments

CM said…
I love that old version, it's my favorite too! :-)
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Beautiful post, Aleta! Beautiful!
My boy told me today that at school he'd seen a flying unicorn on a movie that was all about the True Meaning Of Chirstmas.

I don't know what they're teaching them these days...
Jules said…
I love that movie and as a kid always wanted to go to the isle of misfit toys. And my favorite line, "Bumbles bounce." :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Mari said…
I always loved that movie, and was bummed that I missed it this year.