Pine Cones and Holly Berries





You know how a smell can bring back a memory?

Greg loves the smell of cookies baking in the kitchen. It reminds him of when he would go over to his grandmother's house and they would have cookies.

I bought a sugar cookie candle for him. (And just to torture myself, I bought a mint chocoloate chip candle for me.)

Christmas brings lots of memories from the nose too..

the mix of pine, cinnamon, cookies, marshmellows in the fireplace, poinsettias, peppermints, vanilla, pumpkin pies..Oh! and eggnog :) All of those delicious family recipes when everyone gatherings together ~ you can smell it before you even walk in the door - greeting and waiting for you.

All of a sudden, I'm hungry.

Comments

Golden Eagle said…
Smells--especially that of food--can bring back so many memories.

Now you've made me hungry, too.