O Christmas Tree

Do you prefer a color theme for your tree or do you decorate with all sorts of different ornaments?

I like to have a mixture of both. Sometimes the main color theme is gold and red, with delicate glass hearts, lots of white lights and various ornaments.

This year we don't have one Christmas tree, we have three!

Greg and I love the fiber optic trees, because the colors dance and change. The only problem is that there are so many lights, when the tree is on, you won't see any ornaments. We put very simple gold ball ornaments on one of the trees, so that it's not completely barren. But seriously... you can't see the 63 gold balls on the tree when it's lit up!

I wondered, "What to do with all those lovely, special ornaments?" Ahhh, I'll get a tree that has no lights, no leaves. It's an iron rod tree with curls on the end to hold the ornaments.

The third tree once belonged to my parents. It's also a fiber optic tree, but mostly, it's a poinsettia tree. I love seeing it lit while I'm in the office, where I do most of my beading work and blogging :)

Three trees this year. Nothing floor to ceiling high or ornate, but a lot of fun and brings the joy of Christmas into a lot of different rooms, from the front room, to the dining room and into the office....

The video is quick shots of the trees, but the camera is old and dropped one too many times… it doesn’t show the fiber optic lovely colors.

Comments

Carma Sez said…
I enjoyed the tour of your trees! Love the fiber optics :) You guys are very festive with 3 - we haven't even gotten our 1 tree up yet!
Pretty trees. We have a fiber optic tree, but didn't go a with a theme. It's a mish-mash of ornaments. Looks like Disney threw up all the colors on one tree!
The Forscheins said…
Love the iron rod tree. It's SO orginal and really shows off the special ornaments beautifully. We stuck to a theme for our first tree (first time in our marriage that we have one). It's blue and silver. Will have a post about it on my blog at some point!
RGB said…
Lovely. We have just one, and my 2 year old also joined us in decorating the Christmas tree. It sure was fun! We have the lights that adds to the sparkle of the season.
A New Yorker said…
I really like the second one. That's something I'd like to have and I don't celebrate Xmas as you know. so nice.