Love to Decorate


I love to decorate for the holidays. And I love it even more that Greg enjoys decorating too!

The below picture is one of my favorites, mostly because of a conversation:







Greg: "What's this?"

Me: "It's a salt and pepper shaker."

Greg: "Where does the salt and pepper come out?"

Me: (giggles) "Look closely."

Greg picks up the reindeer, turns them around. I giggle some more, then point to show him...

Greg: "Great.. salt and pepper from a reindeer's butt!" Yep, that's right!

Greg: "Which one is the boy and which is the girl?"

Me: (thoughtful)... "The one with the red nose has to be Rudolph, so that's the boy. Girls like to wear red, so the other one is the girl."

Greg: "But they BOTH have antlers!"

Me: "They have balls on the antlers, decorated for Christmas. Maybe the girl put on fake antlers to play in the reindeer games."

Yes, we actually have conversations like this! We're kids at heart, what can I say?


Ready for a tour around our decorated house?


Here's a view from inside the side door. Most people come in to our home through this door, because they park in the driveway rather than around the corner to the front of the house.









The linen was a gift from my parents. I love the nativity scene:





Walking from the office room into the kitchen, see the snowflakes on the French doors?




Before going into the kitchen, here's the piano. and the Christmas village. Yes, I bought wall decorations. (I love the swags over the windows)




Walking back to the kitchen...

Greg said, "We really don't have much in the kitchen decorated for Christmas." A couple of days later, I bought some decorations and put them up while Greg was alseep. He always wakes up before me and makes coffee. I heard his surprise the next morning. He liked what I did to the cabinet doors and laughed:




Family room, the cat is an added Christmas decoration. Lol. The closeup of the gifts is to show Greg that I added the "ribbons and bows." I'm the "family wrapper" - gifts get sent to me and I wrap them, but Greg said I should put ribbons and bows, so here's my proof. The third picture are two large gifts that couldn't go under the tree - Dad's gifts to Mom.








Picture of our front door and Christmas card holder. The Christmas card holder is in the shape of a Christmas Tree. My cousin, Holly, bought the card holder for me years ago - love it!




Dining room, lots of things here - from the Santa on top of the hutch, to the Christmas trees on the small table, a "ball Christmas tree" on the table, the ornament tree in the corner, nativity scene, a "Christmas clock" (which chimes a variety of Christmas songs on the hour)




I like to surprise Greg :) One day he walked into the bathroom and saw a new shower curtain (the shower curtain holders are small snowman too).



Wishing you and yours a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Comments

Golden Eagle said…
It looks wonderful! I love your decorations.

And the shower curtain--LOL. :D
Look at all the gifts!
And I want a salt and pepper shaker set like that.
Beverly Herman said…
Aleta,
I love how festive your house is decorated. Art and I decorated together this year. Not as much as yours but it feels like Christmas at our house too. Those reindeer are too cute!
Jules said…
Well you sure know how to decorate. :) I had to go back and look again at the salt and pepper shakers. I thought it was a push-me, pull-me from Dr. Doolittle. :D

Happy Holidays!
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
M.J. Fifield said…
I love the fact that it's snowing on your blog. I don't know how you did it but it's cool.
The Forscheins said…
Beautiful!! I can't decide which decorations I love the most. At every picture I think "now that's the prettiest" .....:)
Kavi said…
Wonderful !!

Thanks for sharing !
A New Yorker said…
I like the slate tiles on the kitchen counter!
CB said…
Aleta your home looks soooo festive - I love your decor!
I especially love the ornament tree in your dining room. I have never seen anything like that before.
Kitchens are hard to decorate - you did a good job with the snowflakes and those salt and pepper shakers (and the conversation) Ha Ha - What a crack up!!!

Hope you and your honey have a very Merry Christmas!
Tabitha Blue said…
How pretty!! I love Christmas decor too!! LOVE it. Merry Christmas to you both, you deserve a wonderful one :)

~Tabitha
Joanna Jenkins said…
Even a Christmas shower curtain!?!?! That's fabulous-- Your whole house is. I'm smiling just looking at the photos.

And those reindeer salt and pepper shakers. I'll be on the lookout for those in stores. They're awesome.

WIshing you, Greg and your family a wonderful Christmas! xo, jj
Leslie said…
It all looks so beautiful!

I hope you enjoy your Christmas with family and friends.

Happy Holidays!
Vikki North said…
SO MUCH FUN! Gorgeous home and decorations. Just wanted to wish you and Greg a Happy New Year.
Vikki
Carma Sez said…
You are certainly well decked out at your place!! Love that you even decorated the kitchen.

Hope you had a lovely holiday.
GingerJar said…
Your house looks so feastive. Sorry I haven't commented in a while, I never seem to make it over to the blogs much anymore. Hope you have a Happy New Years...and stay warm!
Lilly said…
Wow, it looks amazing and so much fun too!! I love decorating too - its a wonderful time of year.