I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas


Did you know that there are UTube videos on how to wrap a gift! I think it's cute.

I learned how to wrap gifts from my Mom. When I was little, she would fold and I would put the tape on the paper.

I don't think she ever realized just how far I'd take the tape stuff. She created a monster...

You see, when I wrap a gift, NOBODY'S going to get into it without using a knife or scizzors! Seriously. I don't know why, but I just get a real kick out of taping up every single little edge.

I read somewhere, and I shouldn't write this... because... now I'm actually thinking about doing it... The person didn't just put tape on the edges where the paper meets.... but on the ENTIRE wrapped gift. I had to laugh when I read that.. I bet boxing tape, the heavy duty stuff, all the way around the gift. yeahhh... OK, I won't do that, but it is funny!

So, how do you wrap or do you use bags mostly?

(Whisper - I hope Greg doesn't read this blog post.... one, because he might do the "wrap the gift in all tape" now that I mentioned it... and two... because of the title of this post. Greg and Danny would sing that song constantly until it was ringing in my ears! But now... I think I might actually like the song. Lol)

Comments

Travis Erwin said…
I've used duct tape to wrap the whole thing just to be mean.
Oh, I can entirely understand. I’m just the same, and always get reminded, “You know she’s only eighteen months, she’ll never get that open!” Children will somehow get into anything though :)
The enigmatic, masked blogger
Anonymous said…
I always put my gifts in bags because I am not very good at the whole wrapping thing.
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
I have to be in the mood to wrap, or it's bad news. ;-) But wrapping is so much prettier than the bags -- though the bags are awfully convenient!!
Jules said…
I am the world's worst wrapper :( But I do love unusual papers, Christmas sale ads, why I even used a pillow case once. :)

Duct Tape, now that I might have to try, I love the stuff :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
M.J. Fifield said…
In my household, my significant other does all the wrapping and he does a fantastic job of it too. One year, we were spending Christmas Eve at my parents' house and I volunteered him to wrap gifts for my mother too.

If I am forced to wrap a gift on my own, it ends up in a gift bag with entirely too much tissue paper.

Enjoy your holiday season...
Cool. I was playing that hippo song today - it's fun!
Betty Manousos said…
I'm afraid I'm the worst person in wrapping things.

Have a great weekend!
B
Unknown said…
Oh my...wrapping and I don't get along no matter how it's done! Gift bags are convenient but I seriously can't even make those look good. I put the tissue paper in and it's coming out all over the place, generally looking like crap.

I don't buy that many special gifts that have to be wrapped but if I need to, I always have someone else do the wrapping!
Unknown said…
Growing up in a family of the overly curious, we learned to not only overuse tape, but metal boxes, etc.

Even padlocked boxes we often snooped before the big day. {*grin*}