Greatest Gift of All


Christmas ~ sharing time with family and friends.

This past weekend, Greg and I attended two different church services.

The first was for the St. John Prep Alumni Association. Greg graduated from St John Prep. When he attended, the current Archbishop was one of Greg’s teachers. It was nice to see Archbishop Aymond at the service, along with the camaraderie among the various alumni. There’s a sense of respect and sincerity with the guys, no matter what year they graduated in..


The second church function was held at St Stephen’s ~ Kristen and Bill had their marriage blessed. It was a lovely ceremony. I got teary eyed as they repeated their wedding vows. Afterwards, we went to Kristen and Bill’s home for a barbecue supper. Greg and I were made to feel very welcome with the family members there. It was lovely to share in their joyful memories. (Greg took video snippets of the ceremony on his iPhone and I merged the snippets with a couple of pictures that I took on my iPhone - sound quality isn't the best, sorry. Click here to see the movie.)


Comments

Tabitha Blue said…
What a sweet memory to share! I get teary eyed at weddings and vow renewals too, there's just something so special about it. :)

~Tabitha
Jules said…
Bill and you sure are blessed my friend. Sharing with love and joy, nothing better.

Peace to you... and now I'm craving barbecue :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Aleta said…
Hi Jules :) Actually, this was Kristen and Bill's blessing of their marriage. Kristen is more like a sister to me, I've known her for 31 years now. It was really special to be there and see her receive communion and then the blessing of their marriage :)