Laughing with Thanks


I was in such a bad mood after the sleep study this past Friday night. It wasn’t a good experience, but I’m thankful it’s the second and LAST sleep study that needs to be done. Now, I just have to wait to get the CPAP machine.

On Saturday, with no sleep the night before, I didn’t think I would make the beading meeting. I’m grateful that I did.

I brought some of the bead stones that Sally wanted to see. She said, “Look, you have a moon in this stone!” Beverly wanted to see it and then she replied, “This reminds me of the pendant I gave you that has a penis in it!”

I busted out laughing. There are some things you just don’t expect to hear.

Then Beverly told the story of how she went to a beading meeting once where they beaded around a penis (NOT a real one, of course – yeah, get that image out of your head now)… anyway, it was small plastic penises and Beverly told the group, “No thank you, I have the real thing at home.” One of the girls made a necklace with the penis as the pendant…. And she wore it to a job interview! I was laughing so hard at this point.

Bev said that the girl got the job!

By the time I left the beading meeting, my bad mood had disappeared. I’m grateful for friends who listen and for the laughter that they bring.

Comments

Penny said…
LOL!! Who could be in a bad mood after that story??
A New Yorker said…
I should have recorded myself reading this and then played it on my site. OMG laughing so loudly. And I really needed that at this moment.
Aleta said…
Glad you enjoyed it, Penny :)
LaurAyn - You know I don't typically write about penises, so if you record yourself and post it on your site, let me know, because I SO want to see that. LOL