Grateful for


I'm grateful that my parents are deeply in love. My parents love for each other - made me never give up on love. It is real. It can happen and it's beautiful.

When I see my parents smile, it makes me smile. When I see them bicker (as couples will), sometimes they are just too darn cute! When I see them hurt, they support one another.


Nothing is perfect, I realize it of course. I know it takes thinking of the other person, being considerate and appreciative and understanding and flexible and thoughtful and being positive. My parents strive for this and they make it work, no matter the flaws of personality or difficult things that life tosses their way.

I'm grateful for the way my parents love each other. It's a model of love I'm fortunate to have.


Comments

Anonymous said…
i love it when you write about your parents.

its so rare to find two people who have been so happily married for so long. (ive known some people to stay married but who clearly weren't happy.) it's nice to know that with a little ( sometimes a lot) of work it can be done.
Coffeypot said…
You are fortunate. I never saw that with mine.
Kavi said…
Thats a nice and inspiring story of your parents.

Thanks for sharing ! And please pass our best wishes to them !
CB said…
That's beautiful. I did not have such a great example so I say Congrats to your parents on a happy marraige!
I always love stories with happy endings...and happy middles.
Jules said…
And I'm happy you are sharing these thankful moments. They are truly inspiring :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
RGB said…
That's love-ly! God bless your parents and may their love shine, ever so :)