Colorful Appreciation


I'm grateful for rainbows. Is that a silly thing? When I see a rainbow, if I have a camera with me, you can believe I'll take a picture.

Rainbows make me think of laughter - all those pretty colors ~ I can't help but smile, seeing all those bright melding hues painted across the sky.

When we were in Hawaii, on the way to and up the hike on Diamond Head Crater, we saw multiple rainbows. It was the extra highlight to the day.

And, no, I'm not a hippie and I'm very straight. I just love colors!

I read once about a cake that was made with white icing, but the layers on the inside were rainbow colors - how cool!

Comments

Jules said…
Coming from one trying to get over one, No it is not silly. I love rainbows. I think it is God's way of showing us hope. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

PS No one will hold not being a hippy against you :)
Aleta said…
You made me laugh, Jules :) Thanks for not holding not being a hippy against me :)

I should have added that the reason I mentioned hippy and being straight is because so many people associate the rainbow colors as being specific to something. For me, it's about nature and yes, a sign of hope :)
GregO said…
Her middle name is Gay
Aleta said…
Yep and you know my Mom's middle name is Gay too... and she introduces herself as, "Hello, I'm Gay, that's my name, but I'm not." :)
RGB said…
Very true. A rainbow brings joy and hope, to anyone young or old! LOL at your mom's introduction of herself :D
Golden Eagle said…
I love rainbows, too. :) I've seen several in the past few weeks--pretty amazing!
Jen's Farmily said…
Ha! I love your mom and how she says "My name is Gay but I am not." hee hee. Too funny!

I like rainbows too. So neat!
Joanna Jenkins said…
There is something magical about rainbows. I'm grateful for them too :-)
xo jj