NBWM28 Windsor Court Tea



My good friend, Gwen, treated me to tea at the Windsor Court Hotel for my birthday, which is today. Woot! (OK, change of subject… my Mom’s cousin posted on my facebook wall that she thought I was in my 20’s – totally made my day!)

(Below, me getting ready to go to tea)


Windsor Court is a posh hotel that overlooks the Mississippi River. We valet parked and walked into the lobby. Immediately to the right is where they host afternoon teas. We were greeted and taken to our table. As we waited for our tea to be served, we listened to a lady playing the harp.

This tea was a little different from the norm, in that it had a Halloween theme. I loved that, given, well, I have a certain affinity for this month. It was also cute to see some of the ladies and their young daughters dressed up as princesses and witches as part of the Halloween theme.

Gwen decided on a favorite, Earl Grey. I had to try the Pumpkin Spice tea, which was delightful, but for my second cup, I went back to Earl Grey.


They served a variety of sandwiches, including turkey, cucumber and salmon. Pumpkin scones and then a sinful tray of chocolate followed that.



I had a good time, but we left a little early, because Gwen was struggling with sinus pressure. I know all to well how that can make one feel. I felt bad for her and suggested some sinus meds and a cup of chicken soup. It’s never fun being sick. It was so sweet of Gwen to take me out for Tea, even when she wasn’t feeling well. Sometimes she reads my blog and if you are reading my blog now, Gwen, know that I thinking of you and appreciate my birthday gift and hope you are feeling better. ~ Hugs ~



If you’re wondering why the above picture has Audubon Insectarium on it – it’s because going with the theme of Halloween – there was a live tarantula on every table! (It was in a closed-in glass case, of course.)

Comments

M.J. Fifield said…
Best wishes for a very happy birthday.

That sinful tray of chocolate looks delightful but it would have taken a lot more than that to get me anywhere near a table with a tarantula on it. Glass or no.
Sam said…
Happy Birthday-that looks like an awesome time-certainly a great birthday present-I love all the pictures-the food is so pretty and tiny! Lucky girl!
Jules said…
1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you mean you aren't 20?
2. I would have had to try the "Bloody" Orange Mimosas, 1 isn't bad is it?
3. Those food trays look to die for.
4. Happy birthday, again.
I hope your friend feels better :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Danette said…
Happy birtday! looks like a lovely place to celebrate.
The Forscheins said…
happy birthday!!! That looked beautiful!!!! Hope it tasted just as yummy.
Natasha said…
I am sorry I missed your birthday. Happy birthday, and that seems like an awesome place. Incidentally, I love anything English.
Golden Eagle said…
Happy Birthday!

Sorry I'm a day late. :P