NBWM23 Bryan Batt




Bryan Batt, I knew of him because Greg and I watch Mad Men. Greg rented the first two seasons so he could watch it on the flight to Hawaii. When we got back home, we watched the seasons together and really enjoyed it.

This month, my good friend, Gwen, told me that Bryan Batt was going to be at the library discussing his memoirs in his book, “She Ain’t Heavy, She’s My Mother.” Gwen arrived before us and reserved two seats.

I’m so glad we went! Bryan is a down to earth nice guy. He shook hands with each person as they came into the room and signed the guest book. He wasn’t stuffy or pretentious, he was funny, animated and well, humble. Even though, he’ll quickly say that he likes attention, it’s not the “it’s all about me” type of attitude or feeling of entitlement.

Gwen read his book and said I would enjoy it. Given how Bryan feels about New Orleans, I know the book will be good. When Bryan signed his book for us, Greg said, “I can relate to what you said about New Orleans. My friend, Danny, moved to Texas and we talked about how people love New Orleans. I think it’s because New Orleans, the city, has a soul.” Bryan shook his head in agreement and replied, “That’s what I should have said, that New Orleans has a soul.”






Comments

CB said…
How fun to meet a celebrity :-D