Three Vehicles Two Drivers

I’m glad Greg is home. Yesterday I drove him to the airport for his flight to Texas. He picked up his company car, which was waiting for him at the Texas airport parking lot. Then Greg drove all day yesterday to get home around 7:30pm. I’m a worrier by nature and was nervous about him on that long drive.


This morning I woke up at 4am. Wide awake. I guess I slept enough because I couldn’t go back to sleep. At 4:30, I figured, “Well, I’m up, might as well go work out.” No, I still refuse to admit to being a morning person. Morning people, according to my definition are HAPPY morning people. You can’t call me a Happy morning person by a Looonnnngggg shot. Greg – on the other hand is that happy, cheerful, sing a song morning person.


Good workout at the gym and so nice because I had it all to myself. I like that – quiet place and no waiting for the equipment.


Afterwards, I drove us to Café La Te Da for breakfast. I make mention of me driving us, because I drove Greg’s vehicle, the Ford Edge. Now that Greg has a company car, we have three vehicles and two drivers.


Greg would prefer me to drive his vehicle, because it’s higher up. It felt very weird to drive the Edge, but I think I can get used to it. It will take some time and I really don’t drive much. That’s good because it will keep the mileage low on his vehicle.

Heck, my vehicle is a 2003 and has less than 60,000 miles on it, new paint job, 4 new tires and runs well. I’m good about getting it checked out as soon as I see something that doesn’t sound or look right. Eventually, once I’m more comfy with Greg’s vehicle, I’ll be selling mine. We don’t need 3 vehicles, but at least we have a three car driveway Lol.

Hope everyone has a lovely Labor Day weekend. No plans for us, other than going to a couple of stores to browse and lots and lots of beading! I’ve been beading up a storm lately. I’ll have to take some pictures and post them on my Aleta’s Accessories blog. I’ll do a post when those pictures are up and ready. What have I worked on with beading? Think --- Garden!

Cheers!

Comments

Rene said…
I fully agree! Sell one of the vehicles and then buy a motorcycle. :-)
Aleta said…
Greg has considered a motorcycle. I wouldn't mind riding one, but I don't think we'd want one long term. I like the pictures that you've shared about your motorcycle :)
The Forscheins said…
nice to see a post on your blog again Aleta. And it's great that you have the luxury now for a little bit at least to choose which car you want to drive on a certain trip.
Kim said…
We thought about getting an Edge when we were car shopping. I really like the way they look on the outside and the inside! I'm glad to hear that Greg made it back safe and sound. And how nice that Greg gets to drive around in a company car!

Sometimes I wish I was a morning person. Even if I wasn't a happy go lucky kind of morning person it would be nice to just not be dragging in the mornings. I swear no matter how much sleep I get I feel like half a person if I'm up before 8!
I totally get the non-morning person thing...you made me smile with this one!! Always so fun to read what you are up to...and wow!! You are really busy with the beading...Are you getting ready for the holidays? Will have to take a look at your other blog later! Would love to see some of your work!!! ~Janine XO
Carma Sez said…
glad to hear you are doing lots of beading - I've been doing some artsy stuff lately myself :)