Working Out

Between reading books, I’ve started an exercising again. I say “between reading books” because having the iPad makes reading an addiction for me. It’s easier to hold (or “not hold” as Greg made the iPad stand for me) and so, so easy to purchase the books online! And, I can get a “sample” of 75 pages prior to purchasing a book.. so nice. Ok, enough iPad talk.


Working out… I used to work out every day when I was in my early 20’s. 20 years later and I’m starting it up again. I loved working out back then and I’m starting to rekindle that same joy. It started when Greg bought a blue ray player, so I could use my exercise dvd’s. Then I went swimming at my parents’ home a couple of times.


And now ~ I’ve joined a gym. It’s a small one but it has the equipment I need to get some cardio in, along with weight machines and a sprinkling of exercise classes to boot.


Bonus – one of my coworkers goes to the gym too! She’s the one that told me about it and we’re workout buddies now. I’d love for Greg to start exercising with me and he said he’s going to start soon.


Tonight I did 15 minutes on the Treadmill and at least 6 different weight machines. Mostly upper body weights, a couple of machines for the abs and…. A squat machine. The weight machines are upstairs; when we went downstairs to go back home, I felt as though my legs were turning into jelly! OMG, I never would have thought the squats alone could workout my legs like that.

It was great!

Comments

A New Yorker said…
Good for you. BUT take it a little easy so you don't boost your metabolism too much too fast. I'm so proud of you.
Shelley said…
Good for you. It sounds like your having a great time.
Tabitha Blue said…
That's so awesome!!! You go girl!! And my hubby has an iPad and I've played with the reader a couple of times... I really want to try a couple of books on there. :)

~Tabitha
Aleta said…
Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate the positive feedback. It helps to keep me motivated :)
septembermom said…
That's great Aleta! That squat machine sounds tough. Keep going!!
Coffeypot said…
I joined LA Fitness but not much success to show for it. Apparently you have to go there for it to work.
Joanna Jenkins said…
Yeah Aleta! Good for you. Having a gym buddy makes it easier to keep going. Hope Greg joins you.

Cheers, jj
The Forscheins said…
YAY! What a good way to get back into an exercise routine. A buddy will make it much easier to keep working out. GO ALETA! Hope Greg will join you soon too!