Greg is Certifiably

When I started dating again, my friends told me, "Make sure you get an application, a credit rating, a health form and a psych eval on the guy." It was the running joke, because I'm too trusting of people. That hasn't changed, thankfully, it's something that Greg actually likes about me - the trusting nature. I think he calls it "gullible."


Today is the day (1 1/2 years married) that I found out that Greg is certifiably... SANE! WOOT! Yep, he took a real psych eval. How cool is that?! This was a requirement that he had to have, but I can't go into the details of the why's. But I just thought it was so neat that he was able to take the test!


One of my degrees is in Sociology and a minor in Psych, so yes, I'm interested in this stuff. In fact, this morning, I asked Greg, "I'm curious what the test will show." Ok, so that came out wrong. Greg gave me a look that said, "Umm, EXCUSE ME?! What do you think the test will show, that I'm crazy?" I laughed and explained, "I'm curious about the questions!"


Greg might be a little TOO normal. According to the Psych Doc. She even said, "You probably studied for this test." Greg said, "No, I didn't." She continued, "The test flagged you for being almost too normal, too well adjusted. That's something we have to look for in the test. But after talking to you, I can see that you really are very well adjusted."


Greg made a comment about the test, "It asked if I was excited or positive all the time. I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I do have a positive outlook on life." (Something that I SO appreciate and love about Greg!) The Doc replied, "It shows on the test."


So, dear family and friends - my wonderful husband is certifiably Sane.... and crazy in love with me. I'm so lucky!!

Comments

CB said…
This was such a cute post - I can tell you are madly in love with your husband - not being insane is just the cherry on top - ha ha!!
Rene said…
OK... OK... OK... I will cancel the private investigator. :-)
Aleta said…
Thank you for the sweet comment, Cherie :) It really is the cherry on top!

Rene - LMAO - you being one of the "family and friends" who insisted on those reports - I just knew you'd reply. Hehe So, Greg has the "all clear"...hehe
Travis Erwin said…
Sanity is a good thing and sorely lacking in my workplace.
jules said…
That's a good thing. And yes, you are lucky to have a hubby crazy in love with you...
RGB said…
That's wonderful. May the love & respect you have for each other stay this way forever and ever!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Sanity is good-- Crazy in love is even better.
Loved this post.
jj
Leslie said…
They should make everyone take one of those tests! Although... I do hope I'd pass!
Carma Sez said…
well that is good news indeed! I'd probably elect to "opt out" ;-)