Wonderful Weekend

Greg started the weekend on Friday night by helping a friend of mine move. They took two trips from the old location to the new location and on the second trip, the rain started. Unfortunately, I had to work late because we had two late loans to close and end of month reports to do. Greg was exhausted by the time he got home and he felt really bad for my friend, because she was suffering with allergies and sinus problems.


Saturday morning Greg woke up early, went to the grocery store and prepared the breakfast delight. He brought the mixture to my parents’ home and served them Banana Pancakes. This all came to be when we were in Vegas and Mom ordered Banana Pancakes. What was given to her ~ regular pancakes with slices of bananas on top! Greg told her at that point, “When we get home, I’ll make my famous Nana Pancakes for you!” True to his word, Greg did so. Mom called me later on to say, “Those were the MOST DELICIOUS pancakes I’ve ever had!”


I didn’t go to my parents’ home when Greg made them breakfast. I slept in late. Greg woke me up when he came in and said, “I saw how your Dad spoils your Mom with breakfast in bed. It was nice.” Then he held out his hand and said, “Your Mom props the pillows up behind her” and he did so with me. Greg smiled as he spoiled me with breakfast in bed too. What a wonderful man!


That afternoon we both went over to my friend’s home to help her with two more trips back and forth to load and unload a home full of items. Isn’t it amazing what we can accumulate in a house? You never know just how much you have until you have to move it! She has a lovely new home and I’m super happy for her! Greg said, “It’s perfect for her.” It’s classy, inviting, open floor plan, newly renovated and a large backyard.


It couldn’t be a smaller world, because she happened to move directly across from another couple that we know. The husband and wife came over and were a big help in moving the washer and dryer and later, the sofa. It made me feel good when my friend who just moved hugged the husband and wife couple that helped. It was the forming of a friendship. As Greg said, “They are (all three of them) good people.”

It made me smile to see my friend smile. She deserves a lot of happiness in her life. She even did a "happy dance" as Greg says. In fact, we all did a happy dance, can you imagine? 5 adults doing their individual happy dance, Lol. It's moments like that ~ little treasures :)

Makes me
~ feel good to help a friend
~ happy that Greg did so much to help a friend who has done a lot for us
~ pleased that her new neighbors are friends and came out to help
~ laughing for our dance

Counting many blessings.

Comments

Ugich Konitari said…
You know what, in a world where they acquire more and more to feel happier and happier, it just struck me that the best kind of joy and satisfaction one gets is when one unselfishly "gives".

And truly, I think Greg deserves a prize.
Brassy Apple said…
Hello! stopping by via SITS!

It's always great to give alittle service! thanks for sharing your weekend!
Margaret said…
I wish I had neighbors like that. Mine will never help anyone when they need help they are all so rude.
Tired Mom Tésa said…
Sounds like a great time after all that hard work.

Those pancakes sound delicious by the way! I'll have to try them for my kids sometime, they love bananas and they love pancakes so it should be a great combo for them.

Glad you got breakfast in bed too, how wonderful that must have been!
Kavi said…
What a wonderful man indeed ! What a wonderful man !! He keeps upping the bar you see !

:)
Unknown said…
Moving is a real chore that gets worse the older you get. So congrats to Greg for being so helpful.
Grand Pooba said…
You are so lucky that he cooks you breakfast! (Among everything else he does for you!)
What a lovely weekend!!! I am ALL smiles as I read this!!! You are such a terrific person, and I'm glad you have such a great guy!!! :-) Love you!! Janine XO
Sounds like you are lucky to have a great man. Just stopping by from SITS to say hello.
Anonymous said…
what a great story.

and greg really is a sweetheart. :)
Mari said…
I can see that you are blessed with a great guy! I think you better keep him!