Mama Kat's Prompt for the Week

Mama Kat's creates various writing prompts for bloggers. I haven't participated before, but thought I'd give it a shot for today :) I might use some of her earlier prompts for later blog posts. Here are the ones for this week:

The Prompts:
1.) Write a letter to yourself from someone who has passed on. (ie: parent, grandparent, famous person, friend, pet, etc)
2.) Create and share a Whrrl story.
3.) Write a Haiku that describes what you love about an ordinary day.
4.) What lights your fire? Describe five things you are most passionate about.
5.) Share some photos and stories as well as what you love about spring.
(Visit Mama Kat's at: http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/

I picked # 4) Describe 5 things you are most passionate about:

1) What lights my fire? Greg! I can't say enough good things about this man. I'm not making it up either, that's the best part! He's real. He's smart. He's creative and thoughtful. He's passionate for me :) He's sexy and he loves to laugh. He's positive and upbeat and believes good things will happen in life even when it's a little cloudy. Greg is everything I've always wanted and never thought I'd find in a man. I found him and I'm blessed! Yes, I'm passionate about Greg! (Does it show?)

2) Beads. I love to make jewelry. Right now I'm working on gathering together pictures of my jewelry pieces, in order to organize them on a seperate blog. Greg said, "It would be nice to have all the pictures in one place." See, he's my inspiration. I love that he enjoys and is supportive of my crafty ways ;)

3) Writing: Be it a post on a blog or poetry or letters to friends, even a quick note on FB. I love to write, share and read. I love that writing has grown into a community of bloggers all over the world.

4) Photography: Beauty is found in so many places, from a quirky smile (or face in the snow, hehe) to the Grand Canyon, God's canvas. I'm still learning a lot about our "honeymoon camera." Greg is really good about testing out various lenses and how to use them. I'm also enjoying Picnik and Photobucket with the pictures :)

5) Being Happy with Family and Friends: I kind of think that's the secret of life. Happiness. You have to go out and grab it sometimes. If you're lucky, then finding happiness is as simple as a hug from a friend or a phone call from your Mom or an email from a cousin. Spending time with loved ones is precious. Yes, I'm passionate about this, because I think it's so important.

Comments

I LOVE your list!!!!!!! What a wonderful set of passions!!!!! And of course, Greg is passionate about you...You're wonderful!!! ~Janine XO
Hi there!! I'm a fellow SITS girl...just wanted to stop in and check out your blog:)

Have a Fabulous Day:)
Amanda said…
4 and 5 were on my list as well!!!!

Stopping by from Mama Kats!
Coffeypot said…
Great passion list. Envy, here! There is nothing I am passionate about, and I wish there were. The closes thing would be blogging. Use to be grandkids, but they are growing into the stage where friends are more important to them.
Unknown said…
Beads above writing? How could you. {*grin*}

Life is too short to not pursue the joys. Go for it.
CB said…
Great post! I love the passion you have for your husband - all women should be so lucky!!!
Anonymous said…
Hi- visiting from Mama Kat's. Your list is very nice.
CM said…
Wow, you and I have so much in common! I love writing, photography, my hubby, and I would love to learn how to bead some day!

Have a great weekend! :-)
Papier Creatif said…
Hi Aleta!

So glad that you came across my blog! Enjoyed reading yours and seeing how much you love your MAN!

Not only do we have similar interests, we are also expressive in a similar way!

{hugs}

Juls~

:)
This is a great list! I may have to try writing about some of those things....thanks for the prompts!:) Stopping by from SITS.
Kim said…
I love that you are so passionate about your husband! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! :) It's nice to stop and think about all of the things that make you happy! Makes life seem that much better!
A New Yorker said…
I can be your quirky smiler. LOL
Mari said…
I love your passion list! I know from reading here, how wonderful Greg is. I can't wait to see the pictures of your jewelry.
Joanna Jenkins said…
I knew the answer to the first one without reading it
:-)

All good prompts. I'm off to check out Mama Kat's.

Happy weekend,
jj
Life Happens said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hopefully we can share our love of photography (as soon as I figure out how to use my camera!)
I'm your newest Friday Follower and SITStah! Please follow back if you get a chance:

http://mommy-living-the-life-of-riley.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend!
septembermom said…
You have an amazing passion list! I'm happy that you love photography and writing. We all benefit from those passions of yours!