iPad

A couple of posts ago, I wrote about the iLocalis for Greg's phone. Yes, he has an iPhone. I have a cell phone. Don't know what kind I have. It's more like a paperweight in my purse. Greg has an iMac - REALLY nice. I'm still a PC. *sigh*

BUT... we're talking about the iPad. See, I don't bring my laptop with me on vacations. It's too much to lug around, go through airport security, plug, unplug, blah, blah, blah on vacations. It's a vacation, no? I mean, aren't the laptops intrusive ~ you're limited with space already in a hotel room, airplanes aren't exactly the easiest of places to use laptops and though it's a "laptop" it really isn't convenient in your lap.

At the same time, I think Dad is tired of me pestering him to use HIS computer that he lugs around and goes through airport security with, etc, while we're on our family vacations.

So, when the undeniably cool iPad came out ~ oh, la la ~ NICE ~ it caught my eye! Instead of a Kindle, which Greg wanted to buy for me, this would be great - I can easily carry it through security, download books and read it on the flight out, check my email and blog so as not to bother my family, will be able to see the vacation pictures right then and there, rather than waiting until we get home (my creative Husband figured out a way to rig some pieces so we wouldn't have to buy an extra piece to read from the card to the iPad.) AND, it's an "i" something! Yeah!

Have you seen what the iPad will look like? Easy to carry and no keyboard to bother with. (Though you can purchase a keyboard and a stand to keep the iPad upright) And the applications - Woo Hoo! What fun!

But. Yes, there's a but. If you get the 3G version, it cost more and there's a monthly wireless fee. A few days ago, I received an email that the iPad 3Gs are available for pre-order. Did we? Why ~ yes, we did :) Can't wait for it to arrive!

Comments

Kavi said…
Ah ! TEchnology !
Joanna Jenkins said…
You are one lucky girl! I loved the iPad commercial during the Oscars. I can't wait to see one in person.

Anxiously awaiting your review!

Happy weekend.
jj
How fancy! Sounds like you're gonna love it. I have a notebook.

And by that, I mean a pad of paper with a ballpoint pen stuck into the spiral...
septembermom said…
This is the first time I'm hearing of the iPad. Very cool. I'm going to ask my hubby about it. I know you'll have fun with it. Happy Sunday Aleta!!!
Rashikaps said…
lol @ paperweight .. @lucky you.. :)
A New Yorker said…
I just can't imagine a good item with that name. I think their logo should be a sanitary napkin.
Anonymous said…
How exciting! The iPad's look so neat! I can't wait to read your reviews and find out if it lives up to it's reputation. I hope you love it!
Kim said…
Lucky you! I can't wait to see how much you like it! And what it looks like. I'm sure your going to enjoy it. And with technology smaller really is better! :)