iLocalis


iLocalis


Greg added the iLocalis feature to his iPhone. It has a tracking device; you can log into the Internet and find out where the phone is via a detailed map. Greg gave me access to the login, saying, "Now you'll always know where I am!" ;-) Greg has his iLocalis set to update his current location every 10 minutes.


The good thing is that if he ever loses his iPhone (fortunately this has never happened), he can track the location. Greg said he is able to remotely delete the data from his iPhone, should he think it was stolen.


I also read that if you think your iPhone is stolen, you can log into iLocalis and send yourself a text message. If the thief changed the sim card, you'll get their phone number! And get this..... if you go with the 20 dollar a year plan, you can also record 30 seconds of whatever is going on around the phone.... remotely. You log into the iLocalis on the Internet, set it to record and have it sent to your email. I did a test of this with Greg (which he knew about) and we heard the Meatloaf song and Greg coughing in the background (he has my cold now, trying to convince him to go to the doctor).


I have to admit, it's kind of neat to take a look at where Greg is. He does a lot of driving for his work and I worry about him. Gives me peace of mind to know he has arrived to his location. Love you, Honey!

Comments

Didz said…
I think that's cool! But I don't have an iPhone. lol! but still neat though. :) Hey, thanks for dropping by to my blog ;) your comment is very appreciated.
Penny said…
My brother-in-law, who has an iPhone, has this app, too!
tour and travel said…
Nice article,
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.
God Bless you.
Carma Sez said…
those i-phones are amazing; I don't have one - just a crappy phone with a minimal phone plan so it is really more like carrying around a small paperweight :D
Brandy said…
That's kinda cool. And kinda big brother-ish too. I dunno if I would like it or not on my phone. Then again I don't have an iPhone so it won't be an issue for me. :)
Tired Mom Tésa said…
That's pretty neat! It sounds like it would be a great thing to have if you have teenagers too.
CB said…
I love this feature - It works great for keeping track of teenagers too - ha ha!!!

There are alot of neat apps.

I also have my Iphone passworded - I figure if it gets lost or stolen then at least a theif would not be able to get into it.
Anonymous said…
Too much of big brother for me :( If civillians can use so can the government. No thank you!

KRL
Joanna Jenkins said…
Very cool app!

I have been toying with the idea of getting an iPhone which would be a HUGE step up for me technology wise. I prefer my very old, no frills phone with big numbers I can read. But, my grandson showed me the "flashlight" app that I could use to read menus in restaurants and, well, that was pretty cool. Now knowing I can track my (unusually expensive for me) phone if I lose it, I might just have to take the plunge! Thanks for the info Aleta!

I've been on the run and just catching up on my blog reading. I hope all is well with you and Greg. have a great weekend.
xo
Tabitha Blue said…
That is cool!! I have a .Mac account and they have a similar feature with it... without the remote recording thing. What a great program though, I'll have to share this one with my family! :)
septembermom said…
Well, that is really cool. I think I would want that for my kids once they start driving.
Lilly said…
Well that sounds amazing, Greg seems very switched on to IT stuff which is good. You said it it will give you peace of mind.