Men in Drag Celebrate the Saints

Buddy D said he would wear a dress if the Saints ever made it to the Super Bowl.

Bobby Hebert announced he would honor Buddy D's promise and he wasn't the only one in drag. A bunch of Who Dats who have Fan Heart donned their Sunday best and paraded through the French Quarter. People were carrying signs, "Buddy D and His Brawds," dressed from miniskirts to long gowns, wearing earrings and necklaces...

Greg and I didn't go to the festivities, but Greg's niece and her boyfriend did and from the looks of the pictures, they had a blast! There were thousands. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of men smiling and goofing off and happy to wear women's cloths and second line marching to the Who Dat song. I'm curious though.... how they handled the bathroom issue. Lol.

Below is one picture that Greg's niece took at the parade. She posted the picture of FB and Greg wrote: "I was there. If you look at the VERY back right building in this picture... The greyish one.. just between the first and second column... thats me with the fishnet stockings and stiletto pumps and gawdy base make-up and a push- up bra (that fit!) for extra underwire support. I was bloated cause of "that time" and didn't want to be seen." Hehe. Honey has a sense of humor, yeah....

Comments

Kavi said…
Seems like a super fun time ! Thanks for sharing !

You folks seem to have a swell family !

:)
Walker said…
Crotchless panties work best at the urinals.
I guess the women were chasing the skirts for a change.

Looks like Superbowl this Sunday will be a wild one and I wish the Saints all the best.
Might be Dimanche Gras
Marisa Birns said…
Oh, you all have such fun! Love the picture. Guy in front is such a lady...pearls and muted scarf. He can go to work right from party. Heh.

Also want to tell you how much I appreciate that you read my stories and leave such lovely and supportive comments!

Brings a smile whenever I see that you've visited. Cheers up the day!
Kim said…
Ha! I love it! Gotta love football fans and their promises and superstitions! Now that Greg has fessed up to his love of fishnets and stilettos you better start keeping track of your personals! :P
Lilly said…
Oh football fans are the same all over the world and its wonderful. Especially when times are bad sport becomes even more important in society to bring people together. Great pictures.