Totally Lost

I know some people can't stand Lost, they think it went down the proverbial "rabbit hole" to never find a reasonable explanation out. I've read complaints about the flashbacks and a storyline that goes all over the place. (Greg used to watch Lost and can't stand to now.)

Maybe the flashbacks didn't offer much to the story line, but it gave a history to the person. It helped to understand motives for certain actions. It kept you on your toes. Maybe that's why so many people watch it, for the anticipation. Isn't that part of the fun? Anticipating and then going in a direction you wouldn't have considered. How often do you go to the movies and come out saying, "Yeah, it was good, but just too predictable." Can't say that about Lost. Lol.


So, the ending, the grand finale, the "tell all" is coming up and I can't wait. That's right, I'm a Lost fan! Woot! Supposedly this season, all questions will be answered. I won't hold my breath on that promise, but it would be nice to clear the fog on some issues. Such as....

What happened to the Darma children?
Why was Libby in the mental hospital with Hurley?
Did Claire have a mental collapse?
What's up with the Egyptian theme and what happened to the statue?
Explanation about the Numbers
What "exactly" is the island?
The Monster - ohhhh, that has to be answered!

I read where one of the actors said, "Honestly, we don't know an episode until they give us the script and we don't get them until a day before we shoot them." Greg would say, "That's because the writers don't know what they are going to write until last minute. They make it up as they go along!"

Well, isn't that like life? Lost... is life. We'd all like the answers and to know what the path is going to be, but when will we get them and get there?

The DVR is set to record Lost and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out. Some people believe that it will end where it began, that they make it back on the plane and they never crash. I kind of like that idea.. but will they remember? Again, it's a rumor, so who knows what will happen.

One thing is for certain, Hawaii won't have the Lost cast there after this season. What a shame..

Comments

Libby said…
I missed watching Lost! I think it came on right at my son's bedtime or somethng..anyway I have seen a few reruns and I thought that it would be a good show! How cute is Matthew Fox??
Libby
Darlene said…
From the previews I saw on TV it always looked like a good show but I have never even seen one episode. Something I watch must be on at the same time or we must do something that night.

Hope you get all the answers you want from the finale'.
Coffeypot said…
Lost lost me, too. I want to be entertaied not take notes to keep track of who and what...
Fragrant Liar said…
Yeah, but it's LOST! I will be watching this last season closely. We'll all miss it when it's gone.
JudyH329 said…
The first year I couldn't wait for it to come on! Never missed a moment! The second year was a bust! Instead of expanding on the original cast and bringing in the others, it focused on the others without explaining the first season's ending, and all those repeats! The 3rd season I recorded so that if it was a dud I could fast forward and not waste my time, just reaching the end to see if anything new showed up! I hope all the threads are tied. Like how do they make it from the 70's to the present. Is Claire alive or not? What about the young black boy from season one, where is he? Plus, how did it become buried under ground? And, what about the water location, what did that have to do with anything?
Jen's Farmily said…
I watched the first season of Lost and loved it, but I'm with Greg on this one... I just totally lost interest. And it sounds like they came up with a lot more plotlines than I could have imagined!!
Mari said…
I'm a Lost fan too and can't wait for it to come back on. Hoping they answer all those questions!