Sharing Good News

From one poet to another....


A long time ago, I hosted a poetry forum. It was a small group of people that shared their poems, offered suggestions, encouragement and inspiration. Over years, online friendships developed from the trust of sharing your work and appreciating the responses ~ and fortunately, even after I took down the forum, the friendships and sharing of poetry remained, carrying on to various poetry sites.

I recently found out that a good friend and poet was published. I wanted to share his joyful news!

Thomas C. Lugovoy is published! His book is titled, "With Each Breath of a Single Dad." Tom asked me to write the forward page for his book; I was honored to do so.

Below is the description of his work. (Tom shared with me that his girlfriend, Cathy, assisted with the description. They did a beautiful job, very fitting for his poetic talent.)

With Each Breath of a Single Dad is a compelling collection of poetry written through the years of marriage, the birth of a daughter, divorce, and finally, the task of raising a daughter as a single father. Lugovoy puts deep thought and complex meaning behind simple occurrences in everyday life that are often taken for granted. It is easy to relate to this coercive art of poetry as it is shown here in a range from somber to cheerful moments of experience. These writings are a beautiful display of emotion from the inside out which invite the reader to explore honest feelings of love, fear, anger, desire and more.


Congratulations, Tom! I'm happy for you and proud of you ~ It's an accomplishment well earned!

Comments

Darlene said…
How exciting for his poetry work to be published!!! I wanted to wish you and your family a Happy New Year!! I look forward to blogging with you in 2010.♥
larkswing said…
That is neat, what a great perspective for poetry - and I am sure much needed!!
Coffeypot said…
Now that's very cool.
septembermom said…
That's wonderful! So exciting to be published. I look forward to reading his work.

Happy New Year!!
Interesting title of the collection of his poems and also your post.

How about publishing some of his unpublished work on your blog so that we get a glimse?

Thanks,

Vivek
Carma Sez said…
Congratulations to your friend on his accomplishment!! And how awesome that you were asked to write the forward :-)

Great way to start the new year for sure!!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Congratulations Tom! This is very exciting!

Happy new year Aleta. Wishing you and yours a fabulous 2010.

xo
Kim said…
Wow! Congrats to your friend! What exciting news!
Anonymous said…
How exciting and congratulations to him! Sounds like some hard work that paid off.
A New Yorker said…
Very cool! I wish I could be so articulate!