Sample of Tom's Poetry

One of my blogger friends requested (in the comments) a sample of Tom's poetic endeavors. Tom read the comments and sent me the following unpublished poem to share on my site. Enjoy!

My Onion
by: Thomas Lugovoy


I woke up today feeling anxious

I don’t know what is going on

I feel like an onion

Too many layers in front of my inner self

What is going on?

Is it anxiety?

Is it deeper?

As much as things have been fun

I sense loneliness

Another layer is peeled away

But truly is that it?

Is it loneliness?

The circle of emotion

To get to the root

I look in the mirror

What do I see?

Is it who I want to see?

I’m staring back

I see age

Some say age is distinguished

Am I?

I don’t see?

Superficial or Real?

Another layer is peeled

I am happy with myself

The light is shining brighter than ever before

Can it be just insecurity?

As I look at the onion

It’s become a flower with all the peels

Opening up, tears of happiness

Flow from my face

Petals of…

Comments

Darlene said…
That is really beautiful!! He is a great poet!
What beautiful word imagery!!! He certainly has a gift!!! Loved this! ~Janine XO
Anonymous said…
Thank you...I try to post some stuff from time to time on my blog if you would like to read that too...thank you for reading...Aleta is a sweet and dear friend
Coffeypot said…
If I had wrote that I would title it "Just Another Day."
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!!!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Tom is very talented! Thanks so much for sharing his work.
Hope all is well with you!
xo
septembermom said…
He's terrific! I enjoy his imagery.