Laughing so hard

Pebbles has sported a couple of different cuts, such as:


Cocker Spaniel cut (shaved on the head and the back, but keeping the paws fluffy)















Totally Shaved (usually during the really hot summer months)


















And during the winter, the full coat:


















Pebbles is a Cocker Poo (Mix of Cocker Spaniel and Poodle). I never really saw the Poodle part in her, except for the curly fur when she has a full coat.


I mentioned to Greg that Pebbles was starting to stink. She needed a bath and she needed a clip. With it being so cold this month, I didn't think a cocker spaniel cut would be a good idea, because most of her fur would be cut off of her back. She only needed to be trimmed around her face, under her chin and paws.


Pebbles has one good eye and with all that fur getting in front of her face, she was bumping into things. Poor heart. And when she ate or drank, the food was clinging to the fur on her chin and throat. As for the paws, she was tracking in mud and grass. Oh and yes, her tush, because nobody likes to see anything hanging after a potty walk!


Greg told me to write everything down on how to clip Pebbles and he would bring her in, which he did in the morning. I came home for lunch and he told me that he was going to pick up Pebbles.

Greg walked in the door first and announced, "Aleta, I love you. But for the rest of my life, you are NO LONGER ALLOWED to give directions on how to cut Pebbles!" I asked, "Why? What happened?" I figured I was only asking for a few cuts/trims.... and then.... Pebbles walked through the door....























































I laughed so hard I was crying, holding my sides and I almost pee'd in my pants!

Greg: "She looks fat!"

Me: "She's not fat! She's fluffy!"

Greg: "Its like a huge ball of fluff with a long pointy nose shooting out of it!"

*snort laughter*

Me: "What did the lady say when you picked her up?"

Greg: "She said, "Your wife had to know that Pebbles would look like this when she gave the instructions, didn't she?" And I told her, "NO! She's never had a dog before!" *crossing my legs so I don't pee*


Me: "She looks *gulping laughter* like *snickers* a poodle.... *gasping from laughing so hard* ON STEROIDS!" *laughing so hard my face was bright red*

Oh my gosh, I don't think I've laughed that hard and for that long in a long time. I told my Dad the "on steroids" comment and he couldn't help but to laugh, saying, "That's a scary thought!"

Greg commented, "It cost 40 dollars!"

I replied, "It.Was.Worth.Every.Dollar!"


Later, Greg emailed me two pictures of dogs he found on the Internet, labeling them as "what fluffy is."


























Greg was obviously still in shell shock from the "new do" on the dog... he then sent me the following picture, with the subject line of "This will be next" (watch out what you say, Sweetheart, I might get a wild hair and send this picture for the next set of instructions hehehehe)








But seriously, I think Pebbles looks adorable. Now that I've adjusted to seeing her Poodle side. Hehe.

Comments

Oh my - she does look completely different!

Ha! Poor Pebbles.
JudyH329 said…
Is Pebbles speaking to you? Or is she blaming your husband? lol I saw the pictures the other day when she was covered with her blanket and walked around with it on. She is too precious!
nsiyer said…
Lovely pictures and interesting conversations. I liked the ending He He
Theresa said…
LMAO- my mom has a cockapoo named Jazz and he ALWAYS looks silly when he gets a hair cut. I want one so bad, they are really great dogs.
jules said…
Too funny, I love her expression when she got home and "posed" for the picture...
A New Yorker said…
Ok she does look fat. But the groomer should have said something before doing the job as it's her job to know this would be the result and ask if that is what you wanted.
Coffeypot said…
The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was that is a pretty plump dog...then I kept reading. The owner of that square dog needs to be in jail for animal cruelty.
Penny said…
HAHA!! I think my favorite part is, "She's not fat!She's just fluffy!" LOL.
Pebbles looks rather like a ROCKER SPANIEL (Mick Jagger's got competition), with loads of attitude.
The Forscheins said…
Oh there's poodle in her alright! ;)
Joanna Jenkins said…
At least I'm not the only one having a bad hair day :-)

Pebbles looks cute-- fluffy, but cute.

xo
septembermom said…
Pebbles is a trooper!!

That last picture is TOO MUCH. LOL!
Libby said…
AWWWW! From looking at the other pictures, it could have been worse!
Libby
Lilly said…
Ha ha Pebbles has had more crazy hairdos then me but she looks adorable with everyone. You were right when you said, "It.Was.Worth.Every.Dollar!" It truly was!!