Kawaii means

Lately I've shared a lot of animal pictures. The pets are giving us cute opportunities. The next pet share is from Mom and Dad. A few nights ago Dad decided to start up the fireplace. Only he didn't open the fireplace thingie. Mom was the one to notice the smoke smell and the sudden fog inside. I'm surprised the cats didn't meow like crazy, but they did make a wild dash to get outside when Mom opened the door to air out the house. (The cats never go outside, they are totally spoiled and know better.) The good news is nothing was hurt and now my parents are questioning why the smoke detector didn't go off when it should have... if there's a reason to find out why a smoke dectector didn't go off, this is the kind of situation you'd want it to happen with, when nothing bad came of it.


After Mom told me what happened, I went over to their home. The smell was still pretty strong, but the house wasn't foggy any more. Dad still had the fireplace going and there.... right in front of it was Kawaii, one of their Scottish Fold cats. (Kawaii is the Japanese word for "cute.") Kawaii is rarely seen when people visit. She's as shy as shy can get, but shy doesn't override the warmth of a fire on a cold night. She had that "cat content" look and stayed statue still as I snapped a few pictures :) The Scottish Fold cats are about 12 years old, but they have the kitten look to them. Kawaii has the folded ears. The ears stay that way, so no she isn't angry or anything. (You have to mate a folded ear with a regular ear Scottish fold to get the results in the litter.) There's only one reason I would never get a Scottish Fold cat ~ the FUR. They have a double coat. I brush the cats one time and I get so much fur off of them I could glue it together and make a third cat! Or a really funny wig.

Comments

Stesha said…
What a lovely cat. And I really love the name!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha
Libby said…
I don't blame your parents, I would want to know why the alarm didnt go off too! Glad everything turned out ok. What a pretty kitty! Double coat?? That is alot of cat hair! I have 1 cat and it's everywhere!
Libby
A New Yorker said…
I had no idea about those cats. Very interesting.
The Forscheins said…
Ohhh...cute cat. Happy nobody/nothing got hurt.
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
i'm sure you checked the batteries, right? that is a bit worrisome and hopefully you will find out why it didn't. it SHOULD have. definitely!

adorable kitty! ♥
Kawaii is such a cute name and she seems like a self-content individual. Pets are the best smoke-detectors ever...
septembermom said…
That's a very pretty cat. So glad that everyone is o.k. too.