Who Dat

"Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints"

We're known as the "Who Dat Nation" ~ Makes me smile. When you are a Who Dat fan, you take it with you even if you move to another State. We love our Saints and our Saints love their fans! This year 13 - 0 Wow. Just. WOW!

Last weekend, Greg told me, "It's OK if they lose the rest of the season. We are in the playoffs!" Dad and I said, "NO NO NO! We want them to WIN!" Lol. Greg was only trying to make sure I didn't get disappointed if the Saints lost.

Recently, Greg made the comment, "Funny how people don't think the Saints have a right to be acknowledged. They say the Saints aren't that good, yet their own teams are losing 6 or 7 games already and the Saints are 13 - 0. It's perfection. What else do they need?"

I asked Greg how the "Who Dat" started and he replied, "From the Color Purple." Hehe. You see, during the Color Purple performance, the singers broke out with a Who Dat chant (mind you, they didn't say anything about the Saints, but people cheered and laughed in the audience, because WE DAT know WHO DAT). Then Greg pointed me in the direction of Wikipedia:

"The first reference to "Who Dat?" can be found in the 19th Century. A featured song of E.E. Rice's "Summer Nights" is the song "Who Dat Say Chicken In dis Crowd."


Proud to be a member of the Who Dat Nation - GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!

Comments

septembermom said…
You taught me something new today! I think I'll be saying, "Who Dat?" all day :) Good luck to the Saints!
Theresa said…
My family and I are all part of the Who Dat? nation. We brought it with us when we moved to Alabama from Jefferson Parish. LOL
Really fun! I hadn't heard about the the "Who Dats" before. I'll probably start hearing it everywhere now.
Tabitha Blue said…
That is something I never knew... about the Who Dat I mean. Congrats to your team though, my husband and I were just talking about it last night! :)