Welcome to WBF

Welcome to WBF


Whenever Greg and I walk by a place that sells fudge, he always zones in on the peanut butter fudge. Not just chocolate fudge or any of the other kinds ~ the peanut butter fudge. I figured it was because he really liked peanut butter, though I couldn’t remember him picking up the stuff from the grocery store.

Now, I TOTALLY understand.

Some of the office employees wanted fudge. I sent an email to Mom (Mother-in-Law) and Madelyn. Mom sent back a recipe, saying she’s made this recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge many times. Then Madelyn mentioned how they used to make this as kids. When I told Greg about the recipe, he said, “That was my grandmother’s recipe. Your coworkers are in for a real treat!”

If you like to cook fudge – you MUST try this.

As Greg said, “Welcome to WBF – World’s Best Fudge!”

WBF – Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients:

3 Cups Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 ½ cups evaporated milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter
½ stick of butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups broken pecan pieces















Directions:

Mix well three cups of sugar and 2 rounded tablespoons of cocoa.

Gradually add 1 ½ cups evaporated milk.

Begin cooking on medium fire, stirring constantly















Put cool tap water in a separate bowl. Every now and then, drip some of the mixture into the water bowl. Once it sticks together, then it’s ready to add the peanut butter.













Add 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter and drop in ½ block butter (cut into pieces)


















Move pot to cool burner. When bottom of pot is lukewarm, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and stir until well blended. (Greg said not to add in the vanilla too soon otherwise it will cook it and make it bitter. I asked if the vanilla was even necessary, because it was already VERY tasty. He said, “Yes, it will send you over the edge!”)














At this point, you can add 2 cups of broken pecans and pour into the buttered dish. But we poured it into the dish and then sprinkled the pecans pieces on top.










Cool and cut into squares. It is O M G good! I mean this ~ I have NEVER tasted Peanut Butter Fudge this good. In fact, it makes me never want to eat it from a store again. Nothing could top this recipe!


Thank you, Mom for sharing the recipe. Thank you, Grandma Madeline for making it a tradition. Thank you, Greg, for cooking with me when I was feeling tired at the end of a busy work day. Have I told you lately How Much I Love You?

Comments

Joanna Jenkins said…
Whoa! That peanut butter fudge with pecans on top (!!!) looks YUM-MMY! I'm printing out this recipe and adding it to my file. And thanks for the great pictures too!

WIshing you and Greg a great Christmas and a wonderful new year. It's been great getting to know you and your family through your writing. I'm looking forward to more great reading in the coming year.

Merry Christmas.
xo
Libby said…
Yummy!! I am going to try this! Thanks for the recipe! Sounds perfect for New Years!
Libby
Walker said…
Great, now i want fudge.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
The Forscheins said…
Merry Christmas!!! That fudge looks very good. I tried 2 fudge recipes this year and both turned into "sludge" instead. They would not set. Anyway, hope your days are merry!!!! Can I send you some snow from up here?
Thanks for stopping by for WFW and for leaving a sweet comment. I hope you'll join me again next Wednesday and maybe even participate yourself!

I ♥ Peanut Butter Fudge! In fact, I found another recipe on a blog earlier this month and my daughters made it yesterday. It is really yummy (most ALL PBF is!) However, it is not quite as good as my absolute favorite PBF that we used to buy at a quaint little store in the north Georgia mountains. So, I'm going to keep this recipe and get them to try it, too!

BTW, I LOVE your backsplash in your kitchen! It is just beautiful! I'd love to see more photos. We still haven't completed ours since my husband built our home 2 years ago. I'm still looking at different ideas and trying to figure out exactly what I want him to do with it. Plus, it just isn't really high up on the honey-do list. :0)

Well, I pray that you and your family have a wonderfully blessed Christmas. I will be back to visit soon.

Blessings,

Teresa <><
Anonymous said…
My mom loves fudge. I will have to make this for her. It does sound delicious!