TMI

TMI about your Mom



I've written about my Mom a lot. If you haven't seen the post, go to the button at the top and read the "Snippets" section. But this post is going to be ... ohhh, a little different.



We're on vacation. Dad tells Mom that the box should be delivered to the house when we return.


Mom turns to Greg and says, "Greg, can you help put it together for me?" My Dad is famous for ordering stuff online and Greg ends up helping putting the items together, such as hat racks and shoe storage, etc.


Greg replied, "Sure, what is it?"


Keep in mind, we're in a filled restaurant and Mom is a teacher; she knows how to carry her voice in a crowded space.


Mom said, "The vibrator. We'll need you to put the vibrator together. It came in a HUGE box!"


You could have heard a pin drop. Heads from other tables did a turn about to see WHO said that.


Mom, not realizing the quiet commotion she was causing, said again, "The vibrator that I ordered from the show is being delivered. It's big."


At this point, we all busted out laughing and Greg, hands waving in the air, says, "Gay, TMI! Do you REALIZE what you just said?" He explains what it sounded like and adds, "Nothing like having your mother in law ask you to help her put together a vibrator. That's a new one!"


And in case you are wondering - it's an excerise machine. The vibrator. It's not called that, but it vibrates, hence the name Mom gave it. (We have since trained Mom to call it a "shaper.") You're supposed to be able to stand on the machine for 20 minutes a day and the vibrations (cough) will work your muscles as if you had exercised for the day. Uh huh. Well.... yeah, don't go there.

Comments

♥ Boomer ♥ said…
I had no idea they made such a thing! Sounds wonderfully relaxing! My shoulders could use that right now. Yay for your mom. And I snickered as I read this...
Coffeypot said…
She could sit on it and really get a workout. Loose weight, tone the body and have a great time doing it.
Anonymous said…
HA. i love it.

and for the record, i love TMI! i feel that anytime TMI is shared, friendships are made.
Big Girl said…
Oh that is HYSTERICAL... hope you all had a good laugh.
Libby said…
Sounds like a great gift!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Libby
larkswing said…
That is priceless!!

When my family first moved here, in 1979, I met a friend in the neighborhood. I spent the night several times at her home. They had a large room in the back that was like a family/game/exercise room. Her mom had a big "vibrator" back there. lol! Hers you would hook this 3" belt thing around your back and turn it on and would wiggle and jiggle you and supposedly help you lose weight. It just gave us a chance to talk funny as it wiggled and jiggled.

I had no idea such things (the exercise ones) were still around.
Mari said…
That is so funny! I'm sure it gave Greg a good laugh too.
My mom had something like that in the 70's. I didn't know they were still around!
Kavi said…
I am sure you folks a riot of a laugh on hearing the heads turn !

:D
Cyndy Bush said…
Hmm, that sounds like my kinda exercising! Heh heh!
septembermom said…
You had me laughing with this one!! Your mom is too funny. Like that picture of her working out :)
Rashikaps said…
I loved reading this one, Aleta.. love the madness.. would've liked to see some shocked faces :)