Merry Christmas and Gag Gift

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!


What a beautiful day! After a touch of rain yesterday, a vibrant rainbow and cool weather ~ today is sunshine and smiles.














Last night Greg and I cooked for my parents and R&R. We had Christmas Eve supper and opened gifts afterwards. Family, the most precious gift there is! I loved the laughter and good feelings of the night. That made me happy. Thought I’d share some of the pictures with you. There’s one with Greg holding a knife and the bubble wrap, had to laugh with his expression. (Quick Note, I received a special gift from my parents, but I’m going to do a separate blog post for that one.)

































































After my family left, Greg and I cleaned up the kitchen and then, we were so much into the spirit of sharing that we brought out the gifts for each other to open. Greg knew what I wrapped, because you can’t hide a long, narrow box! It was the umbrella he wanted with the wind vents. He had other toys as well but that was in another box :) Greg surprised me with his thoughtfulness! When we stayed at the Trump Towers in Vegas, I really liked the round mirror. I didn’t know he was on his iphone researching how to get one the same day I mentioned it. He also bought a Coach purse, the one I liked at Ceasar’s Palace…. And the best he saved for last. A little red box…. Oh my gosh! They are beautiful! (Way over the top, Sweetheart! I love you!)




















I have to share one more picture….. I bought a gag gift for Greg’s Stocking (along with other goodies, of course). One night we went to Applebee’s to eat. We started talking about the shape of people’s ears. Greg announced, “I have large ears” and proceeded to put his hands behind his ears and push them forward. I giggled and couldn’t stop the words, “You look like Mr. Potato Head!” Greg busted out laughing right as the waitress walked up with the check. He said, “Do you know what my wife just called me? Mr. Potato Head. Do I look like that?” She shook her head no. Then he did the ear thing and she laughed and said Yes. Hehe.














(Now, tell me they don't look alike! I think they are adorable!)
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas! (To see more pictures from the family gathering at my Grandmother’s and more from Christmas Eve supper, click here – you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the pictures.)

Comments

Kavi said…
Have a wonderful christmas ! The gifts look awesome !

Enjoy ! :)
Coffeypot said…
Wow! Looks like a very nice Christmas for you and yours. Great!
The Forscheins said…
Beautiful gifts! Merry Christmas!!
Libby said…
Looks like ya'll had a very nice Christmas! p.s.-i love mr. potato head!
Merry Christmas
What a wonderful relationship you have!!!!!! And what love!!! Your post really made me smile!!! Happy New Year!! So glad I "met" you!!! Looking forward to getting to know you even better in 2010! Janine XO
Joanna Jenkins said…
Wow Aleta-- Looks like your had a fabulous Christmas!!! Greg has great taste :-)

xo
A New Yorker said…
I'm going to have to call him Potato from now on!
Unknown said…
Great photos! Glad you had a great Christmas.
septembermom said…
What lovely pictures of a family enjoying each other :) I love all the warmth and happiness in these family get together posts. So glad that you had a terrific Christmas!! Greg did get you a beautiful gift. Can he give my hubby some gift pointers for next year??
Kimberly said…
Looks like one an all found the Christmas spirit and or joy!!

BTW - you've made follower of the week over at my place, come pick up your award!!
That would make you Mrs Potato Head, wouldn't it?
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Looks like Santa was good to everyone!!!! And what a beautiful rainbow -- just gorgeous!!
Kim said…
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love the picture of the two of you in front of the tree! I'm so jealous of your gifts! A Coach purse AND diamonds, you're one special lady! Love the rainbow! Just gorgeous!
Carma Sez said…
Greg was so thoughtful with your gifts - quite a guy you got there!
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. The earrings are beautiful! We had a double rainbow here in Cleveland too.