Do You Send Them

I'm just wondering, how many people out there send Christmas cards?


Not the e-cards, but actual Christmas cards where you need to address the envelope and put a stamp on it and bring it to the post office.

Is this a tradition that has gone by the wayside?

I read somewhere that the earliest one should send a card is 12/18 and the latest 12/22. I sent mine out slightly before the earliest, but I've also been known to mail them out as early as the week after Thanksgiving. Lol.

It makes me sad to think that people don't send cards as much any more. I realize it takes more time than zipping an email across.... but... there's something about Christmas cards. It makes it worth the time.


Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

Comments

Kavi said…
There is something about cards indeed ! But then, cards are part of another world !

The snail mail world !!!! A different world indeed ! :)

Merry Christmas
I love to send cards. Even bought some really cool ones to send this year with two crows holding a lovely ribbon between them (yeah, I know, but I love crows). My daughter made us all go to the park so she could take a group photo since we hadn't done this in years and she turned it into a lovely card. But did I send any cards this year???? One. To my father-in-law. My best intentions just got slammed by other stuff. So I posted our family photo card on my blog and am sending a few via email. Kinda sad. Hopefully next year. After all, I already have all these great cards!
septembermom said…
I just sent out my batch today. I do enjoy writing cards and receiving them.

Merry Christmas Aleta! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday:)
Anonymous said…
i sent out the last of my holiday cards this week. and i agree with you, an e card is nice but a *real* card is better.

have a great holiday!
I still send them. Last year I did photo cards, this year just very pretty paper cards.
I'm surprised that they say no earlier than 12/18. If I ever had my butt in gear I'd be sending them earlier than that! Most of mine went out the 21st this year.
Joanna Jenkins said…
I wish! I used to send out tons of Christmas cards but my arthritis is too bad to do much writing these days-- Or at least that's my excuse. Time seems to fly by too fast to get to card writing.

I gotta work on that :-)
xo
Anonymous said…
We sent our cards this year through Hallmark.com. We ordered cards with the kids photos in them and had Hallmark address them, stamp them, and mail them for us - for not much more than the product price. The problem was they were late. Hallmark said they would be delivered on Christmas Eve and my sister just got hers today. So next year it's back to handwriting the addresses for us.