Sledgehammer

One of my FB friends recently asked me, "Are you OK, Aleta? Haven't heard from you in a while." She reads my blog mostly, because I'm not one to typically write on FB. Another friend emailed me the same thing and Greg has asked, "Are you going to update your blog?"


I wasn't honest with myself or them, because I simply said, "I'm blogged out from doing a blog post a day last month. I'm taking a break." That was a lie.


When I read about bloggers MIA, they will come back and say, "Life got busy, sorry." They don't give details and I understand a little too well.


For me ~ It's about work. It's more than a typical stressful day, more than the economy. There's a lot of struggle going on, a ton of tension pressing down on my heart, the knowledge of instability leading to financial difficulties with an unknown plan. I wish I could bury my head in the sand. I wish I didn't know what I know, but then, at least... I do know it... but it's not good. And I'm not in a position to change it, just to know about it.


Emotionally, it's taking a hard toll on me. Financially, I can't even type it out.


That's about the max I can share. There are too many IRL people that know me and if you are one of them, please don't ask because I cannot discuss it any further. I'm sorry that I wasn't honest to begin with; I don't like to burden people.


I can only ask for positive thoughts and prayers. If you don't hear from me for a while, please know it's not because "life got busy" it's because life is throwing a sledgehammer.

Comments

Coffeypot said…
Been there twice so I know how you feel. Hugs and prayers for you and I'll be here when you get back.
Anonymous said…
im sorry life is rough for you right now. i too had noticed you hadnt been blogging much, and you were missed. i understand though and please know ill be thinking of you. hang in there. :)
Nicki said…
Thanks for being vulnerable and honest -- that's so tough to do! Please know that there is a HUGE community of support for you and Greg! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!! With God ANYTHING is possible.
Texanne said…
My first time here, but you have my prayers, too. You look and sound like sweet people.
larkswing said…
I have been away for a week or so...I understand sledgehammers and wishing you some silver lining, or a window with another road appearing. Hang in there and know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
The Forscheins said…
OH dear Aleta!! Wish I knew something to say that was appropriate...I'm so bad at that....hmm..... BIG HUG!!! Hope this helps a little bit.....
septembermom said…
I hope things get better soon Aleta. I'll pray for you.

Hugs, hugs, hugs...