Bead Crocheting

Well, considering what I wrote about in my previous post, I wonder what THIS bracelet will say?


I thought I'd share the latest beading endeavor. I bought books and dvd's to no avail. I even brought the books and material to one of my friends who does crocheting and had her take a look at it. She became frustrated and told me, "If you ever figure it out, show me!" (Mind you, she wasn't a beader, but can crochet up a storm.)


Crochet Beading ~ It's not the standard beading and it's more involved than regular crocheting. There is NO way I could have learned this without attending Bev's class. I've mentioned her in my blog before ~ she's the Queen Beader! Recently she had a small class on crochet beading. I was nervous and wondered if I would ever pick up on the method or if I was doomed to give up. What I didn't know was the Bev was nervous too!

We didn't find out until the end that this was her first time teaching the class. I never would have guessed. She was awesome! You can look at a book. You can watch a DVD. But none of that compares to a person sitting right by you and saying, "Oh wait! I see the problem!" I was so happy when she said that, because if she could see where I was going wrong, chances are, it could be fixed.


The class was 3 hours long. I went home and showed Greg my accomplishment - for 3 hours I did one inch of bead crocheting! He said, "That's it? For 3 hours?" I was tickled I got that far. And now, I'm hooked. Bev has so many cool designs and patterns and my gosh, she's an inspiration and fantastic teacher. Thanks so much, Bev!!!













Here's the finished bracelet:

Comments

Joanna Jenkins said…
WOW! Your bracelet is AWE-SOME! What a great job! Congratulations.
xo
Holly said…
Behind in commenting again - but I just had to say LOL about this one! Hmmm, there is a rainbow of colors there! Maybe the snappee would get the whole kit & caboodle? It is a beautiful bracelet though - I love all your beading!
septembermom said…
I love that bracelet!! The colors and workmanship are lovely. Great job Aleta!!!
Kavi said…
Awesome !! When you make it, it is so unique !

Lovely. Both the craftsmanship and the thought..!
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
I love the colors you chose, Aleta. It's a beautiful bracelet. Must make you feel really good to be that patient and creative. ♥
Grand Pooba said…
I love the multiple strands put together! Cuteness!
Aleta--That is just beautiful. You do amazing work.
Anonymous said…
Girl, I love ya but way too much time on your hands--3 hours for 1 inch--Yikes, it is a very different piece and unique- just like you!!!

KRL
Simply stunning!!! You are amazingly talented!!! I think crocheting is so difficult...beading requires so much patience...but together? You are a brilliantly creative saint!!! I'm in awe! Have a wonderful weekend!!!~Janine XO
Tabitha Blue said…
Oh wow, that's beautiful!!! I don't know that I'd have the patience to do all that... haha. But, I'm sure it's so fulfilling once you see the finished product! :)
That's really pretty and worth all that effort.
A New Yorker said…
Purple and white. hint hint! LOL
prashant said…
love that bracelet!! The colors and workmanship are lovely. Great job Aleta!!! Work From Home
Wow - theat is beautiful!
Debbie said…
It's beautiful. I had no idea those were crocheted.
Kim said…
I am officially jealous. You are so crafty! Lucky you!
Natasha said…
That is a gorgeous bracelet. Never heard of bead crochet before, but if this is the product, I really have to check it out.
2Wired2Tired said…
I've never heard of this. It's gorgeous! Great job and thanks for sharing.
larkswing said…
I had no idea that is what that is called - nor how they were made. Very neat and wow, the attention and time! Very impressive!