Day 19 NaBloWriMo Guest Blog

During NaBloWriMo, is it cheating to have a guest post? I figure I’ll be safe if I say a little something and also because it’s my husband as a guest blogger. I “share” this blog, so his posts count too. Right?

The little something from me.... Greg asked, “Why do they call it Nablow…whatever?” When I told him what it stood for he replied, “They need to change that. Use a different acronym. A four-letter acronym and one of them is “Blo”?.... I wouldn’t use that.”

And now ~ Greg’s Post ~


As a guest blogger for Aleta... there’s one thing that I TRULY love
about my new in-laws. BOTH are great people that anyone would be happy
to know and share time with... but Lester... Aleta’s Dad... LOVES to
feed the family.. and one of the best things he cooks VERY VERY well
is a good Filet Mignon. Maybe its a guy thing... but there’s NO doubt
about it... I ... Greg O'Brien AM a meat and potatoes kind of guy. The
better you do BOTH... the more admirable you are to me. I would even
go so far as saying... if the God-like figure Barrack H. Obama
himself... who I think STILL needs ALOT of work... and don't hold in
high regards.... if he came over to my house... and DIDNT say a word..
but made me a perfect steak.... his popularity would go up in
this household.... that is .... until I watched the news again.

Enough intro... here’s the meat of the subject... a few months
ago... we had leftover Filet from her Dad. Later that night Aleta
gives me those puppy-dog eyes which undoubtedly says..."What’s for
dinner" and that reminds me ... HEY its time to eat! To do
something different... I took the leftover Fillet... sliced it very
thin with a very sharp knife.... then in a pan under a very high
heat I put in butter and freshly minced garlic. I let that sizzle
for about a minute... then in the other pan... which was WHITE hot...
I put the Fillet slivers in and poured the butter/garlic mixture over
it and let it sizzle just for about 30 seconds... NEVER overcook
Filet! It was incredible! NOT good for you... but the moment
this simple gastronomical delight hits your tongue.. the garlic's
buttery tender goodness dissolves into a tongue-gasm feeling that will
make your eyes roll back in your head... and your tummy convulse with
glee. Nothing short of that!

Sunday night last, the SAME exact situation took place... we ate the
leftovers.. and after dinner....but we had about 7 oz. of steak left
over again!! I looked at Aleta and told her "Ok Aleta....
RPS!" She knows this to mean Rocks, Paper, Scissors. She also knows
it to mean something up for grabs.... or Greg AINT COOKIN and
someone has to go pick up dinner. She asks "What’s the RPS for?!" I
said... Whomever wins RPS gets to have the leftover-leftovers for
lunch tomorrow."



Well..... I am SURE at this point.. what Aleta MEANT to say was...
"Oh honey... you have been working so hard... and exercising a lot and
working out.... YOU go on and just have the Filet". But what
ACTUALLY came out was " Greg ... If you eat that steak I will kill you
while you sleep".

There’s NO lock on the bedroom door. You do the math.


(Aleta's note: I didn't actually say that to Greg, but I did give him what Dad calls my "dagger eyes." So umm, I guess with the look? Lol. When Greg told Dad this story, Dad busted out laughing!)

Comments

Theresa said…
LMAO.. you guys sound like us. My hubs cooks very well too I must say and he judges the merit of a man by how well he cooks a steak.
septembermom said…
What a great guest post! Lots of good cooks in your family. Now I feel like a steak :) Potatoes get me every time too!
A New Yorker said…
Well Greg, if you want to keep the peace you better make sure the wife is always happy. :)
Helen Ginger said…
Great story Greg. My DH is the BBQer in the family. I BBQ sometimes, but he's better at it. Will have to try your recipe for leftovers sometime.

And, yes, guest bloggers count!

Helen
Straight From Hel
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
HILARIOUS!!!!

And I think you can have Greg "guest post" any time you want to! ♥
Martha said…
Why am I suddenly hungry for steak?
The Forscheins said…
I'd say this guest post is totally worthy to be a "post of the day" ! ;)
Holly said…
Loved your analogy about how much you like steak - and I didn't loose the point that if he DIDN'T say a word! I know, there would be no boost in popularity if he did! :-)

That steak sounds yummy, yummy, yummy - and I'm not all that much of a steak eater!
Anonymous said…
Hallo! buy clomid on line over night http://wiki.answers.com/Q/User:Med-help buying clomid on line Thank you.

Good morning! clomid buy buy clomid online without a prescription
buying clomid generic medicine Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Good morning! order diflucan http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/tentology.net/buy_zyrtec_en-us.html order diflucan All the best! m

Good afternoon! order uk diflucan solo mastercard switch order discount diflucan free shipping
order diflucan where So long! p
Anonymous said…
Hi! valtrex cost cheap online 35009 http://www.asianave.com/valtrex-cost/ valtrex cost cod overnight no prescription I'm sorry to see you go.

How are you doing? valtrex cost dream online pharmaceutical valtrex cost domain
valtrex cost discount free prescription Good-bye!
Anonymous said…
Could you spare me a moment? valtrex cost http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/tentology.net/buy_valtrex_en-us.html valtrex cost Good luck!

Sorry for interrupting you... valtrex cost valtrex cost valtrex cost You're not in a hurry, are you?
Anonymous said…
How are you doing?
buy lasix http://www.playlist.com/blog/entry/12530350595 buy lasix Have a good time!

Can I have a word with you?
buy lasix buy lasix
buy lasix
All the best!

Could you spare me a moment?
buy zithromax http://www.playlist.com/blog/entry/12529890051 buy zithromax Good-bye!

How are you feeling?
buy zithromax buy zithromax
buy zithromax
I'm very much obliged to you.