Day 12 NaBloWriMo Moon View

I thought I'd share an email correspondence between Greg and I that took place earlier this month:


Aleta to Greg: The date for the Harvest Full Moon is Oct 4th - THIS SUNDAY!!!!


Greg's response: aaaaaaaaand ???


Aleta: *sigh* NEVER MIND


Greg: We don't own a farm honey... as a matter of fact we are very unsuccessful with the tiny gardens. We DO grow the hell out of weeds... THAT we do VERY well. Do we go out on that night and pull weeds maybe?! Should I get my sickle and gloves... load up the buggy... trot out to the North 40 acres and harvest the weeds?

We will have a BUMPER crop of weeds this year... I assure you. Everyone in the village will be jealous. The next morning.... as the over burdened horses strain every muscle to pull our harvest ladened wagon the last mile to the town square market... we O'Briens can hold our heads up high... for WE.... WE ARE THE KINGS OF WEEDS!

Songs will be written about us!!! This will be part of the Hamlet of Metairies' folklore for generations to come. The day the O'Brien's rode in with 'dem weeds.

*sigh* Ok ok ok I know.... its a romantic thing to look at. I assure you... cloudy or not... on October 4th we will go outside and look at the moon together. And if it is cloudy... and we can't see the shiny harvest moon... I will drop trouser and show you mine. Love you!


(insert Aleta's thoughts at this point - Where oh where has the romance gone?! Sheshh)

Aleta: You might have to drop your pants. Sunday Night: Partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Change of precipitation 40 percent.


Greg: for you.... the love of my life.... you can harvest this moon ANY TIME.

(Then Greg emails me two pictures of the Harvest Moon that he found on the Internet.)



























Comments

Dr. Wifey said…
YIKES! i could have done without the 2nd harvest moon pic! LOL
Darlene said…
HAHAHAHA that is too funny!
high over happy said…
your husband is so funny!
Kimberly said…
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I just choked on my coffee. OMG. that was funny.
Helen Ginger said…
You have a very funny husband. Does he know you posted the picture of him sitting au natureil? ;-)

Helen
Straight From Hel
larkswing said…
lol! Perfect! Tooooo funny
Not Hannah said…
That second picture is both the worst and best thing I've ever seen in my life. I think it's burned into my retinas right now.
Theresa said…
LMAO.. this post was hilarious. The hubs and I are right there with you O'Briens and the weeds.

P.S. I have family in Metarrie! Small world!
Lisa said…
That was awesome. I love that second picture. I want to print it out and hang it on my wall.
Carma Sez said…
I absolutely love his sense of humor. Didn't see that last one comin' :D

At first I was thinking it was at least a cute baby's bottom, but then on closer inspection...egads!
Anonymous said…
Not to be the BUTT of the joke here... but NO!!! That was not my Crack-o-lantern!!! But thanks anyhoo Str8-Frum Hell(en)

Aletas Husband.... GregO
Mari said…
Too funny! That Greg is hilarious!
2Wired2Tired said…
That is too funny!

I was going to write about how we are great at growing weeds too and say how nice the picture of the moon is, and then you had me cracking up. I needed a laugh. Thanks.
Patty Reiser said…
Stopping by from SITs. OMG, that pumpkin is outrageous. Wherever did you find it?
Wishing you a picture perfect day!
Patty
Joanna Jenkins said…
I yi yi! That's hysterical.
xo
my niece txted me the second one and i love it. makes me want to paint my own butt orange. it would def be an improvement
Unknown said…
Ya gotta love the harvest moon pictures!

As cool as it is around here at that time of year, some goose bumps would be appropriate too.
septembermom said…
That's a way to end a post :) You two are really cute together!
I'll bet there's a lot of laughter at your house!!!
Kavi said…
Phew ! That was some harvest.
Martha said…
Funny! The second picture took me totally by surprise...loved it!
Holly said…
Knowing Greg's sense of humor, I saw that last photo coming. Still a hoot though! I'd love to hang out with the two of you for a weekend - I'd probably be in stitches most of the time!