Day 11 NaBloWriMo A-Door-able

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls" Joseph Campbell


A-Door-Able, A-Door-nment, A-Door-ation...

What does your front door say about you?

I knew I wanted a door that had glass in it, something that is open, inviting and yet artsy. That's what Greg said about my door; it shows creativity, nice wood door and yet the glass reflects an open personality, but the art is done in such a way as to keep it private still.... he calls my door ~ the Penis Door. I NEVER saw it before. Now, what in the world does that say about me? No, do NOT go there. Greg said, "If I was a male prostitute, I'd have this door." Great.... lovely. And no, I'm not pimping out my hubby, I'm keeping him all to myself!




















Greg said, "People forget about the front door. Yet it's very important in the
presentation of the home, the welcoming, the first impression of what's inside."

We went to New Orleans and I took pictures of doors only. There are so many charming and wealthy homes... and homes still battered by Katrina. Over 100 door pictures, below are a few. Do they make you wonder, "What does the rest of the house look like?" or give you a feel for the people living there? To see more doors, click here. (The first door is still a Katrina door, which is boarded up.) I loved seeing the autumn/Halloween decorations on the doors!
















































Comments

Anonymous said…
A great door is everything!
Chris said…
Beautiful pictures. I love the houses in New Orleans. And your door is cool. It looks like the rocket door to me.
Lisa said…
What a cool idea... the doors make such artistic statements.
septembermom said…
Love the Campbell quote! Very true :) All great photos. Doors bring character to a house so often.
Dr. Wifey said…
love the doors! wouldn't have noticed the *ahem* PART resemblance of your door had you not pointed it out LOL
I need to go wash my front door and try to get the red sharpie marks off of it! Yep, everyone knows that a little one (or two!) lives in our house.
I think your front door is beautiful and in no way (chuckle) resembles a penis. :)
I just love Joseph Campbell and that quote, in particular. You have a beautiful front door. It always amazes me how people see different images in the same piece of art.
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
That is a great quote. I love our door, too -- very similar to yours. I must do something about the old wreath on it, though. I'm too sentimental. Have had it forever - my sis made it. It's lived a good life...
Joanna Jenkins said…
The penis door is a hoot!

My front door is red even though blue is my favorite color :-)

xo
Holly said…
What a great idea and a great post! Never gave doors a lot of thought, but you are so right!