Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad


Today is my parents' anniversary. When I told Greg this, he called me and asked, "How many years?" I told him and then asked him why he wanted to know.... He said, "Gotta go." That's my cue that he's up to something. A few minutes later I received an email with a poem that Greg wrote:

And now... an anniversary poem....

This is the anniversary,
of a most wonderful day,
when they tied the knot,
Lester and Gay.

They started a family,
Adding Rob and Aleta,
The latter of which
made my life sweeter.

So I'm thankful to you two,
for bringing her into my life.
'cause without you both,
I wouldn't have my wife.

43 years ago
when you walked down that aisle
You had no idea how
it will make more future smiles.

You're both giving, loving
A family strong and so true
Your generosity knows no limits
But this I must say to you........

Try as I might
Still it makes my brain sour
Yet I can't erase the image
Of you two in the shower. *


Happy Anniversary!
Your son... GregO


** Regarding the shower, hehe. I called Mom in the afternoon and it went to the answering machine. I called Dad's phone (they have two different phone lines at the home) and it went to the answering machine. Mom called me later and said, "I was in the shower." I asked where Dad was and she said, "He's here." I continued, 'But he didn't answer the phone; where was he." Mom replied, "With me." *crickets* Me again, "But you were in the shower." *Mom giggles*

So, yes, when we call Mom and Dad and BOTH phones aren't answered - *ahem* we KNOW what's going on. TMI, I know. Hehe. I love that my parents are still so much in love!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!!

Ohhhh.... and Greg did send the poem to Mom and Dad. Dad responded with, "Eat ya heart out,, Ya Just Jealous!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
ha! i love gregs poem. and everytime i see a picture of your mom, im struck by how glamorous she's always looked. like a starlet.

jay and i shower together quite often. with kids around, its the only room with a guaranteed sense of privacy. we do some of our best talking in the shower. i mean, other stuff sometimes goes on too, but mainly conversation. ;)
Rush said…
lol...me blushing writing this post...anil and me at time discuss, u think mom and dad make out...they have all the time now that kids are no more home!!

fantastic poem, a great post...just loved it...and yeah, wishes to an evar loving couple...to ur mom and dad :)
*Akilah Sakai* said…
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Aleta's mom and dad!!

Greg, that poem rocks! Not only will the two of them love the creativity and sincerity, but Aleta can blush, too.

Aleta, I'm cracking up over the phone conversation about the shower. Too funny!
A New Yorker said…
OMG! I cannot stop laughing. ROFLMAO like a mad woman! Greg Greg. I know I don't have to hold back when I finally come to visit! HAHA!
septembermom said…
Greg is a talented poet! Happy Anniversary to your parents. I think that photo of the happy couple is very sweet.
Jill said…
I love the poem and it was so sweet. Quite the poet! Now the phone conversation... too funny! :)
Penny said…
Awww...how sweet! Happy anniversary to your parents!!
CougarTales said…
This is great. I absolutely love the old picture. So sweet!
- CougarTales
http://www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com
Peggy said…
What a cute poem! Greg is very talented.
jules said…
Love that picture....Their expressions are priceless.
Dr. Wifey said…
LOL Happy Anniversary to them...and many more showers haha
Joanna said…
Heehee! So if this shower is a rocking don't come a knocking?
Kavi said…
Lovely poem ! May the good lord shower his love and appreciation for them on this anniversary and wishing them many more.

And ofcourse, thanking God for answering machines that work when the shower is on !

:)

And its wonderful to read and see the love thats there. the love that Greg and you shower on them.

And ofcourse, they shower on each other !

;)
Jen's Farmily said…
You married a poet and didn't know it! (Or maybe you did! :) )

I love that you caught them taking a shower together! Too funny!!
Michelle said…
Oh my goodness...that is absolutely precious. HOW BLESSED you are! and grossed out. LOL.

Over from SITS.
Victoria said…
Very sweet, Aleta. Thanks for stopping by and giving me a little bloggy love:0)
Oh I love it! Cracking me up.
Carma Sez said…
You've got a great guy. How sweet for him to write this for your parents!
Holly said…
OMG - Greg is SUCH a keeper! Can't believe he wrote a poem for your parents anniversary! How very sweet! Big kudos to him!

The shower thing had me laughing - I'm almost 50, my parent's 63rd anniversary was just a couple of weeks ago, and I still can't imagine them 'doing' anything!
Lilly said…
Oh I really love this post. Greg is wonderful and so clever and thoughtful. And your Mon and Dad, go Lester and Kay - aint love grand! Happy Anniversary to them. Love the photo of them.
Aleta said…
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say "Thank You" from my Mom. She loved the poem and laughed. And... she laughed to the point of tears with reading the comments. She thoroughly enjoyed what you wrote - said it really made her day!
Janelle said…
That is hilarious! And so cute at the same time!
Rashikaps said…
What a nice picture of your mum and dad! :) Loved the poem. :)