Happy News














After the carport crunch, I thought a cuddly picture was in order....


Is that just not the cutest picture? Pebbles has a puppy look to her, even though she 16 years old. When Pebbles moved in, it was an adjustment for me and Tigs. It didn't take long for Tigs to understand that Pebs wouldn't have the energy to catch him, which set Tigs at ease. Other than the here and there, slap (no claws) from Tigs to Pebs, just to say, "Hey, remember I'M the cat!" there hasn't been an dog/cat issue.

For me, it took a little longer. Pebbles is a sweetheart, but she's a Daddy's girl. She recognized him as the Alpha and me as someone who was only there to make her happy. I'm a sucker for her big brown eyes, so if she wanted cuddling or brushing or treats, I was there. I'm not the Alpha type. If Greg didn't already have Pebs well trained, I don't know if I could handle a dog in the house. A couple of weeks ago, Greg said, "Pebs sees you as her owner more than me!" I thought he was being silly, but he told me to stand across the room. Then he held out his hands and I held out my hands and Pebs came to me. Lol. Made my day!

Right before we left on the trip to Boston - Niagara, we had an emergency with Pebs. She was throwing up and her poo was greenish. Three days before the trip, we rushed her to the vet. They stayed open late and the vet met with us. Greg showed pictures of the vomit (yes, he took pictures) and he brought a sample of her stool. That might all sound gross, but it helped with the diagnosis and the vet thanked us. Pebbles had a stomach ulcer. Poor baby. The doctor gave us three types of meds, vet bill of 250.00 and we took her home.

Greg's parents and sisters took such good care of her while we were gone. Thank You!!! Pebs took the meds and the vet told us that the blood work came back as a 3 year old dog - very healthy other than the obvious (hearing, eyes, arthritis, and an ulcer).

Pebbles sleeping, she looks like a little angel...


An update on the car and the carport. BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!

Car ~ the car insurance will pay for the damages, a little over 5,000, minus the 250 deductable. It's going to be 3 weeks until I get my car back though.

Carport ~ the home owners insurance will pay for the damanges, 12,000, minus the 2500 deductable. Have to wait for the check, get it signed by the mortgage company, get the work done. All of this will take time....

BUT - it's good news and tonight I will finally get some sleep, because yes, I'm a worrier.

And ~ more good news to share, my second cousin, Rocky, and her hubby, Jesse, just had a baby girl, Juliette. Mom and Baby are healthy and well loved. Wish I was in Maryland to give them a big hug and kiss! And - Holly's husband, Mike, will say.... "MOVE THAT BUS" tomorrow. The show will air in November. He has worked all week to help build a new home for a family. Awesome proud of you, Mike!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Comments

I would be worried too, but that was solved pretty fast, wasn't it?
septembermom said…
Congrats to your family on the new baby. That's wonderful news. I'm happy that the car and car port will be fixed soon. I would have been worried too. Pebs is adorable. I'm glad that she is feeling better too.
larkswing said…
ahhh, I am sleepy this afternoon, can I just cuddle up with Pebbles?

Glad you got good news and the ball is rolling! Sleep tight tonight!
Aleta said…
Thanks Gary & Septembermom. It's true, everything was resolved, paperwork wise very quickly and I'm grateful that the insurance companies worked with me. I have to admit, I'd recommend the insurance companies based on the way they handled things!
A New Yorker said…
Good to hear such good news!
Rush said…
Goodnews is in the air!!!
Glad everythings turning out fine, no more sleepless nights.

Pebbles is soo cute, but dogs are my nemesis :(...i run miles off even if they are rthe cutest harmless ones.
Kimberly said…
Glad to hear things are going as they aught to!!

Awwww, too cute Pebbles!!
Cougar Tales said…
Awesome picture! I am a dog fanatic....as I am typing, my son - oops I mean dog, is sitting next to me with eyes slammed shut. Wonder what he is dreaming about!
- CougarTales
http://www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com/
Peggy said…
What great news about your dog!

I like your story about your dog and cat learning to get along. My cat was 9-years-old when I got my 8-week-old dog. (I wasn't married at the time so it was just the 3 of us.) They're 16 and almost 8-years-old, respectively, now and get along fine, though yes, when the cat isn't walking over the dog she does occasionally remind her that she's the cat!

So glad your insurance companies are cooperating. I hope you have a great night's sleep!
*Akilah Sakai* said…
Juliette is such a beautiful name. Congrats on the new addition to the family tree!

Glad to hear your insurance is covering your damages.
Joanna Jenkins said…
Ahh, Pebbles does look like a puppy :-)

Glad to hear all your good news!!!!! And congrats on the newest family member!

Have a great weekend.
xo
Pebbles looks so cute and contented, I am envying a dog's life. And glad your pet got well soon.
Carma Sez said…
Just saw the carport pics now - yikes!! Glad the insurance company is stepping up and helping you out.

And Pebbles looks like a sweet, sweet dog.
Tabitha Blue said…
Awww, what a sweet, sweet pic. Glad Pebs is doing so well!! And congrats to the new parents!!! yay!!

:)
~Tab
Ugich Konitari said…
Aleta,

I am so glad that things are all falling in line for you, as regards the carport accident. And that Pebbles is back and running. I have to say that I totally appreciate Gregs thoughtfulness in taking pictures of the vomit etc. Some folks might think it "gross", but thats probably why the doctor was able to accurately test and immediately diagnose Pebbles and treat. ...
La Jolla Mom said…
Your poor doggie!

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day! follow you now on Google.
Kavi said…
Many years back we had a Labrador Retriever called Don. And when he was in pain, it pained us all. Immensely.

And so, any story on pets, upsets me. In a sad sort of a way...!

And oh yes, BTW, glad that the carport crash is under control...
Unknown said…
She looks so sweet in her little bed, and so soft!
Darlene said…
Awwww Pebbles looks so sweet asleep in her bed. Glad she is feeling better.

YAY for insurance!!! It's so good that everything is getting taken care of. Now, have a great weekend.
Pseudo said…
Pebbles is a cutie pie.

Our dog treats daughter like the bottom rung litter mate. It is hilarious.
septembermom said…
Aleta, I tagged you to play a meme on my blog today (of course, only if you want to :)
Grand Pooba said…
I just have to tell you that Pebbles seriously looked like a stuffed animal puppy! So darn cute I can't believe she is 16!
Holly said…
I know I'm seriously behind - trying to catch up on blogs one at a time - (today is your day!) but I didn't even know you HAD a dog! She is SO, SO cute! My sister had a Cocker - she was a cutey as well. Something about their wavy long hair, squarish head, long floppy ears - makes them just adorable.

Yikes on the deductable amount for the carport! But, I know, as you do, it all could have been much, much worse. Just thankful you weren't hurt at all!