Sunday Citar Sunrise









I'm participating in Tabith'a Sunday Citar. Click here to see her site and join in on the fun! (post a picture to go with a quote). This Sunday ~ it's all about sunrise.


Greg gave me a quote last week and it became an inspiration for taking pictures. Here's the quote he liked:

"The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do."
Galileo


Galileo's quote made me think of the sunrise. So, at 4am yesterday, I woke up Greg. Yes, you read that correctly ~ me, the NOT a morning person, got up that early. We went to the Bonnabel boat launch on Lake Ponchartrain and snapped shots on my camera and the "honeymoon" camera. Greg then sent me his own quote (inspired by the pictures).




"All problems lying on a modern minds gets washed away in an instant when gazing on the mornings light, reminding each of us that every day is a new beginning… a new chance… a new opportunity to be the person you want to be.


Gazing upon Gods’ daily majesty its almost impossible not to let his message wash over you….… Somewhere, at this moment someone is feeling true love for the first time, Look into those eyes…


Somewhere, at this instant, a newborn child is taking its first breath, Welcome to our world.


Somewhere, right now, someone else is also appreciating this morning’s illumination and feeling at peace inside. Find life’s meaning." Greg O'Brien





Between the two cameras, we took a lot of pictures. Greg's camera was better able to capture the first morning light, as that camera can adjust the shutter time of being open. It was difficult to pick which pictures I liked the most and fascinating to see how the light can change with the drift of a cloud or by turning around and viewing the other side of the lake where the sun will set. If you have a moment, you're welcome to look at the other pictures in Picasa. Click here and scroll down.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Absolutely stunning!!
The quote your hubby created was masterful and true. :)
Caroline said…
Aleata, what wonderful quotes! The first one by Galileo is great. Put's life in perspective! And Greg's wow...I am enjoying this morning... Thank you! Amazing photo's too!
larkswing said…
Fantastic shots!!!!! Wow!!
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
GLORIOUS!! MARVELOUS!!! FANTABULOUS!
gary rith said…
HA! Oh this is gorgeous, I am so pleased to check in on you and feast my eyes!
Tabitha Blue said…
Wow, Aleta!! These pictures are so amazing!! Great job... maybe I should get up at 4am to see what I can find. And girl, I love those quotes, of course the first one is amazing... and it's SO awesome that your hubby is writing his own. It was completely inspiring!!

:)

~Tabitha
Those are such pretty quotes!
Crystal Rae said…
These are gorgeous pictures.. :)
Lilly said…
Aleta and Greg, those pictures are amazing. They could be framed or made into postcards or posters. Totally worth getting up early for!
Kimberly said…
Absolutely breath taking photo's. Fantastic job you guys.

And just why doesn't Greg have his own blog, book, etc... (?)
Aleta said…
I wish I could get Greg to create his own blog. But I have to twist his arm (well, not really) to get him to guest blog. He humors me with a post from time to time, which I'm grateful for. He's a wordsmith and doesn't realize it!
Beautiful quotes! The photos are amazing, especially that last one!
Jessica said…
Very pretty! :) Lovey quote.
Rush said…
great pictures and amazing quotes..love the entire idea od citar!!
Loved the amazing pictures. And the quotes were thought-provoking.
*Akilah Sakai* said…
Gorgeous, tranquil pics and such a lovely quote from Greg.
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful shot! Why doesn't it ever look like that when I drive over it?