Prayer Request


“Aleta, your wedding brought the family together, from California to Maryland.” My Uncle Sonny told me this on the phone as Greg and I left for our honeymoon. It meant a lot to me to see uncle and aunt from California.. it had been years. (in the picture, my uncle and aunt at our wedding)


Today, Uncle Sonny starts his chemo treatment. He already shaved his head, in preparation for the results. It’s throat cancer, stage 4 in his throat, tongue and lymph nodes. The doctor said it would be a difficult process. The cancer is too large to just cut out at this point. But the doctor also believes my uncle can make it through this even with the cancer at stage 4.

Prayers, thoughts ~ all will be appreciated. I believe in positive energy and healing beyond what modern science knows.

Comments

♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Prayers lifted. Keep us updated from time to time, Aleta.
Caroline said…
Many prayers and blessings to you and your family.
Lilly said…
Of course Alet. My prayers and best wishes are with your uncle and aunty and all your family.
Debbie Y. said…
Prayers going up as I type this comment.
Dr. Wifey said…
*prayers*
(like the new layout!)
Joanna Jenkins said…
Sending prayers to Uncle Sonny ad to yo and the family. Be strong. xo
Kavi said…
Our special prayers and sincere wishes to you and to your uncle.

With such a beautiful support system that he has in people like you , i am sure he will be just fine.

Our prayers stay with you..
MzUnicaHija19 said…
Stay strong, my prayers are with you and your family!

A fellow SITSta dropping by to show some love!
Heather said…
My prayers are with your family. I'll pray for Uncle Sonny's speedy recovery and comfort through his chemo.
Nicki said…
we will be praying!!!
*Akilah Sakai* said…
Sorry to hear about your Uncle Sonny's battle. You and yours are in my thoughts.
GypsiAdventure said…
oh honey-I'm so sorry to hear it. Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family!! :)
*hugs*
~K
Darlene said…
I am sending up prayers right now for Uncle Sonny!♥
Aleta said…
I want to say Thank You for the kind words and prayers for my uncle. Mom said that they fitted him for the fanny pack of treatment, which he will have for 12 weeks. He sounded in good spirits yesterday. Your prayers mean a lot and we appreciate it, more than words can express.. *hugs*
Cammie said…
good thoughts heading your way!
Your prayers are with us as well. You may want to try http://HolyLandPrayer.com. We submitted a prayer request for our mom who was very sick. The Church of the Holy Sepulcher is a very important place for all of us. The LORD is with us and you. God bless.