Greg is Guest Blogging

Introducing: Greg O’Brien ~ my husband, who agreed to guest blog for me today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off I would like to say how much I appreciate the chance to be a Guest Blogger on this forum. Well... what the heck... its not like I ASKED to be here... in essence Aleta (very strongly) suggested to me to be a guest blogger, because she felt that to do the proper justice to this situation, that I should write it. For some reason she questions her own sense of humor. I don’t question it... I mean.. she DID marry me now didn't she?

Well anyhoo... were off on out evenings adventure.

Before we begin you should know these truths about us, our relationship, and our evening lifestyles....

1. Aleta Doesn't cook.

2. Aleta LOVES to go to restaurants.

3. If I am not cooking... and I proclaim to Aleta that its her turn to be responsible for dinner... somebody needs to make a decision as to where we are going out to eat.... because.. (see rule number one). Grab the keys... lets roll.

So... next there is always the big decision as to where we are going to dinner... oh yeah I forgot one...

4. Aleta LOVES Chinese food. Well to be more specific... Aleta LOVES “Moo Goo Gui Pan... NO MSG... light chicken, extra vegetables.” I put this in quotes because to be a boyfriend/fiancé or husband of the aforementioned woman, you are required by LAW to know it by heart. No kidding. (Aleta breaking in here for a moment -Sweetheart, you forgot to add - NO BAMBOO SHOOTS with the order, hehe. OK, back to Greg)


Well.... I , Greg O’Brien LOVE Italian Food... red sauce, garlic, cheeses, sausages, pepperonis, salami, .. if its Italian food... I like it... (except shellfish).. oh yeah one more thing...

5) Aleta can’t eat tomato sauce based foods because the acids upset her stomach.

SO we go out for Chinese more than not.

Enough prelude... last night ... I made the proclamation when she got home... “Honey... you are responsible for dinner tonight..... what are we having?” (See rule number 2)

She gives in and we decide to go to my FAVORITE place to have pizza. This place is called Reginellis. Their pizza.... UN _ FREAKING BELIEVABLE!!! Aleta and I split their appetizer which is a Boulle .. a hollowed out bowl of a bread... and then it is stuffed with spinach and artichoke dip and seasoned with fresh parmesan cheese. YUM. Seeing how she can’t eat tomato sauces I order a small unbelievable pizza and she eats their fresh Caesar Salad. (I LOVE my little martyr)

Appetizer... done. Perfect.

Here comes my pizza.. and her salad. I am SO eating my Pizza before it even gets to the table. While eating it.... I’m making comment after comment on how GREAT it is... fantastic crust... REAL pepperonis, perfectly seasoned Italian sausage and made with REAL mozzarella.... I mean its SO incredibly gooey and stringy that there’s a cheese bridge from the slice of hot pizza that stretches 16 inches to my mouth so strong the local villagers can have safe passage if they lived in my mouth and wanted out. And the tomato sauce isn't from a can... there are actual chunks of tomato in it. This, along with the seasonings and spices make it nothing short of pizza heaven... and its MINE... ALL MINE!!! FINALLY!!!


Everything is going SO well... my perfect wife next to me... who threw herself on the gastronomical grenade by giving up her (See number 4) and allowing me the chance to go into a tomato based coma. There should be a 12-step program for people like me.

Then it happened..... the unthinkable... someone slammed on the pizza brakes and everything in the caravan came crashing into the front seat on my way to pizza Nirvana....

……. I looked at Aleta... and saw her staring at her fork of leafy Romaine lettuce.... and I heard.. “ummm.....” .... I looked at her fork... I looked at her face... I looked at her fork again.... there was a piece of roasted red pepper on her Caesar salad.. “I wonder why they would put that on a salad”... I remember thinking to myself. C R A S H !!!!

….It was a Lady Bug!!! Aleta was turning red and holding her napkin over her mouth.
The worse part was.... I asked myself “Is it alive???” Then I asked myself.... Jeeeeeez...... I don’t know if even I would want it alive... but I definitely don’t want to find something DEAD on my food!

Maybe next time we go in we can order the small pizza with pepperonis and sausage and a small Caesar salad... hold the corpse.

I promptly took the bowl away from the table and brought it to the manager. Our server was elsewhere so she did not know of the situation. They had a meeting of the minds back there because the manager came to our table, sincerely apologized, offered Aleta if she would like anything else on the house... of course we already know the answer is already NO... I mean come on!!! We just found a cadaver on our salad for goodness sakes. She again apologized and told us she there was no charge.

We later got the bill and there was NOTHING on it. She bought the entire check... as it should be... so here I am... dutiful husband... happy to be with my loving wife who bent over backwards to make ME happy... and I got the pizza of my dreams.... and she got her salad of her nightmares. What a wonderful wife....

On the way home I made everything better by stopping at McDonalds and buying her an Oreo Flurry. That erases alot.... but I think if in the future I want my dream pizza... I may have to go alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, it’s me, Aleta, again…. Just wanted to add. We’re often told that we need to add “color” in our plates. But I don’t think a ladybug, pretty bright red and black that she is, was what they meant. Oh geezz and I LOVE ladybugs – NOT to eat though. Maybe the restaurant folks thought it was a way to get protein in the plate? Ewww…

Yes, Honey, next time you want pizza, you're going alone. LOVE YOU!!

Comments

nikkicrumpet said…
OH YUCK...I love lady bugs too...but for some odd reason not as a garnish! See...this is why you stick to PIZZA! I think it's very cool your hubby guest blogged. He did a great job. He had me snort laughing at...a Ceasar salad hold the corpse hehehe
you don't like bamboo shoots, eh???
Hilarious you two!
*Akilah Sakai* said…
Haaa! Greg called it a cadaver. Too funny.

Aleta, now where did you say you found this fantastic guest blogger again? ;)

You two have a great weekend.
Aleta said…
Nikki ~ I'm un-American in that I don't like pizza. My stomach can't handle it. Lol.

Gary ~ Greg has told me that bamboo shoots smell like the bottom of a monkey's cage. Once that's been said, I can't get the smell thought association out of my head. :-)

Akilah Sakai ~ Glad you enjoyed! Greg and I met through Match.com We didn't email too much, just a few times and then went on a date. The rest is history *so smiling*
Big Girl said…
Thanks for guest blogging Greg. It was nice to learn more about your wife.

Hope you'll blog again soon.
Missicat said…
Oh my! I can't say I ever found a lady bug in my food - has to be a first!!
Love the description of the food (except for the bug) - made me HUNGRYYY!
Rush said…
lol..this was hilarious thou nightmarish to find a ladybug in the salad!!
i love the way greg descibed the entire episode so vividly!! he should be the guest blogger once in a while..by popular demand :)
Darlene said…
Oh YUCK! Your hubby did great as a guest blogger!!! I'll be back later to read the snippet 4 of your Mom!♥

Hope you have a great weekend!
As expected from Greg - hilarious!

Ladybugs are cute, but definitely not chewable.

although some Chinese-foodies would probably fry them up and crunch them down!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Oh. My. Gawd!!!! That would have pushed me over the edge! Aleta, you poor thing. And Greg, I suggest ordering pizza for lunch-- at work :-)

Thanks for guest blogging. You did a great job! And Aleta, I love that you were looking over Greg's shoulder adding notes.

Have a great weekend!
Kavi said…
Thanks for guest blogging and introducing us to a world that Aleta didnt tell us as much...

that Aleta doesnt cook..!! Thats some news...

Atleast for me. hmm...

Pizza.. am staying away from that. 2 minutes on the hips and a lifetime on the hips.
Lilly said…
Oh Greg you did your wife proud with this guest post! Now I think it should be a regular thing! Just because you both are so sweet together. And it makes all Aleta's readers smile.

Well you certainly got more for your buck than you hoped to by the sound of it! Um...poor little lady bug....and poor Aleta.

And I hope you really, really enjoyed the pizza Greg because its more than likely that last one you will taste unless you go dining on your own.

And aren't you glad you are married to such a gorgeous and talented woman even if she is pizza adverse and doesnt fancy eating ladybugs?

Hope to see you back again!
Aleta said…
;-P

No, I don't cook. I can... if well, if... I absolutely HAVE to. Lol. I made Greg a cake about a month ago and he took a picture of me next to the cake, because he was so surprised.

That said, I do keep a clean house! There has to be some redemption there, right?


I'm glad ya'll enjoyed Greg's post. He said this morning after reading the comments, "I'll be happy to guest blog in the future." YEAH!
Mari said…
Aleta - thanks for stopping by my photo blog today! I loved Gregs guest post and have to day that although lady bugs are cuter than the average bug, I don't want them on my salad either!
Now I'm going to read further!
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
AWESOME POST!!!

HORRIBLE INCIDENT!!!

♥♥♥
the Bag Lady said…
Great guest post!
Sorry to hear about the unwanted addition to your salad. As cute as ladybugs are, I wouldn't care to find one in my salad, either!
larkswing said…
Crunch! haha. A lady bug is better than what it could have been - there are other hard shell pests that would be EVEN worse! haha Bugs are bugs though, when in food!
Tabitha Blue said…
Ummm, OMG. I was thinking that you were making me SO hungry and then along with you guys, the brakes slammed on my hunger. I can't even imagine actually seeing that!! Eeeeewwww!!

:)
~Tabitha

Ps, hope you join in on Sunday Citar tomorrow!!
I guess it's better than a roach or a mouse! ICK!