Lesterism

I thought I’d share some emails with you.


What you are about to read is not gibberish. It IS umm… English ~ It’s a Lesterism.

Here’s an email from Dad to Greg:

“LISSEN UP,, I BIN YAKIN TO GAY'S BRUDA SUNNY OUT IN CALIF THE SHAKE N BAKE PLACE BOUT JUMPIN OUT YUNDA DURIN BIRD DAY IN NOV , SUSPEC LEAVE RUND SAT OR SUN 4 THANKSGIVIN N COME BAC ON THAT FRIDAY OR SAT AFTA

SO IS YA OPEN I KNOW I STOLE YA FRUM YA MAMA LAST YR N I DANG SHUR DUNT WUNNA GIT ON HER BAD SIDE,, SHEESH ,, I DUN HERD AWFUL THINGS BOUT UDAS WHO DUNNIT ,, SO LET ME NO YA THOUGHTS ,, SO I KIN RED YA THE RITE ACT ,,
HEHEHE,,

LADA”


Are you lost? Greg forwarded Dad’s message to his Mom and she responded with:

“If you're asking if I would mind if you go to California during Thanksgiving
week, go and enjoy.

However, can you explain one part I don't understand? "I dun heard awful
things bout udas who dunnit". Translate, please.”


Greg wrote back:

“LOL You should see the smile on my face right now. One of Lester's
traits is his "good ole'country boy/coon-ass charm". He is always sending
out these emails in his unique lingo.
He does this with EVERYBODY he has a relationship with... I mean EVERYBODY it doesn't matter if you are a
car dealer, his banking people, attorneys, employees, and especially
family... everybody. I wish I could explain half of what he writes...
sometimes I have to get Aleta to help translate it too. I have no idea to
what he is referring to... but rest assured.. its nothing about you or our
family’s Thanksgiving traditions. Just know this... if you get an email from
him like this... you’re "in" his circle of people.”


Greg wrote back to my Dad:

“Ok Big felluh.
I herd frum mah maw n she sed its ok to be stoled, smuggled and shang-hyde to da “liposuction, botox, face lift, breast implant, bolemic forse-pukin” capitul of da world. But if I com bak with any of dem aforemenshund trates ….she gonna, “kik yer dunky cuntinuusly til you enz up bak dere fasta den u ken say “Tofu-Turky”.”





Dad:

“OMG,,,,,I TALE YA I SUM DANG SKEEEEEEERED, I HERD THATS AWFUL PAINFUL N UH I NOT NTO PAIN SPECAILLY MY OWN SO YA KIN BETCHA YA NOTA GUNA GIT NUTIN, MAY JUS LOCK YA UP N A BOX N KEPT YA N THE DARK THE HOLE TIME

TALE YA MUM THANKS , N I WUNT KIDNAP NO MO ON BIRD DAY , I NO WHAT ITS LIKE WIN YA TAK THE MAIN BIRD EATA AWAY N YA GOTA EAT BIRD FUR A MO CAUSE SUM SUCKA DID THAT SHEESH , NUFF TO GO TURKEY HUNTIN ,,




I just love how Greg gets my Dad! I’ve often smiled and enjoyed Dad’s emails and messages to people. You have to know my Dad. He loves life and he loves to make people laugh.

Oh, and my Dad ~ he writes beautiful and I do mean, beautiful, poetry. Mostly about my Mom, he calls her “his princess of the rose garden.”

Comments

Lilly said…
He he, love Lester and his Lesterisms! He should start a blog with them and we could work out what he is saying, I was with Greg's Mom, I understood it all but for the same part!

Your family is great Aleta, I love reading about them. We are lucky to have such great Dads and something tells me Gregory will make a fine one too!

Your Dad writes poetry? Well there you go is this where you got your talents from? Enjoyed this post immensely and thanks for sharing Lester and his 'isms' with us all!
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
That is so beautiful, "Princess of the rose garden." How did that begin? What's the origin of his calling her that. So lovely!!
Tabitha Blue said…
Woah!! Hahaha, that is awesome! At least he can have fun with it! I was a little lost, but loved it!! LOL

hope you'll join in on Sunday Citar!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com
Your mom is one lucky woman to have poetry written about her! :)
Carrie
A New Yorker said…
Although one of your shortest posts...it took me a long time to read. Had to really slow down. But i could hear the NO accent fo sho'
Dr. Wifey said…
how funny! your dad sounds like quite a character LOL
Kavi said…
Marriage they say is poetry ! But to have real poetry running through...sets some benchmark here !!

Some real benchmark !!

:)
Deborah Godin said…
What a great post - I just loved the peek into the workings of some very creative minds!!
Aleta said…
It's so good to read your comments and I know Dad will get a kick out of them too. They are in New Mexico right, visiting my Mom's cousin.

Rob gave Dad his GPS to use on the trip to get them around the area. Dad sent us an email just now:

"ROB ,, YA NO THAT GPS THINGY ,, WELL IT GOT LOST,,,THIS IS SO FAR OUTIN THE BOONIES THAT IT JUS GAVE UP TRYIN TO FIND IT ,, BROUGHT US TO A CEMENTARY AND ADVISED US WE HAVE NOW ARRIVED AT THE LOCATION..UH I DUNT THINK SO,,,"
Aleta said…
I'm curious ~ do people read the comment section? If so, here's another Lesterism email sent while on their trip to New Mexico:

WELL I KIN SAY FUSURE THE TEMP IS GR888888888888,,BEES ALL OVA DOING THERE THING WITH THE HONEY,,UH HIT HIT ,,AND NICE N QUIET,,,NO FONE ,, NO TV,,NO RADIO,, GAWD AM I GLAD I HAVE MY IPOD ON THE FONE DOWNLOADED,,
THE STARS HERE ARE LIKE YOU CAN ALMOS TOUCH EM,,EVAN YA MOM CULD SEE EM,,AMAZING HOW SUCH A LOVELY GIFT GITS LOST IN CITY LITES,,,

WE WILL BE CKIN OUT OF HERE TOMMORROW MOVIN INTO TOWN SO CELL FONE WILL WORK OK,,,WILL LETCHA NO WHAT HOTEL WHEN WE GET IT TODAY,,

GUNNA TAKE YA MOM SHOPPING,, LAWDY,, I JUS GIT THE FEELIN I GUNA B IN BIG TRUBLE HERE,,SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF DIFF TYPE STUFF WITH ALL THESE INJUNS RUND ,,GAWD I HOPE THEY DUNT SELL NO SCALPS,, GAWD EVEN MORE I HOPE THEY STILL NOT INTO THE TRADE ,,I THINK I WILL WEAR MY HAT TODAY ,,

SO YA TRY TO BE GOOD N BE GOOD AT IT SHHESSH
As it has been said in a favourite Hindi film of mine - "ENGLEESH IZ A VERY PHUNNY LANGUAGE!!"

Enjoyed the e-mail exchange, though did not understand parts of it!
CB said…
OK that is SO Great! You are going to be glad you blogged some of these for posterity sake.

I actually could read them and thought they were pretty funny!

Keep going Lester it's your own secret code!
nikkicrumpet said…
LOL....I'M SOOOO CONFUSED!
Debbie Y. said…
I unnerstut hit 1 hunert pcent cuz I's frum de rebel cuntry 2.

Funny, funny Lesterisms.

Thanks for sharing.
*Akilah Sakai* said…
Hey Aleta added another email!

Wow! I'm hootin' 'n hollerin' at these Lesterisms!
;D
Vikki North said…
That's so much fun. What a great attidude your Dad has. And we know Greg's a charmer and enjoys it too.
Vikki