yabba dabba doo




Soon after the wedding, Greg said, "Let's not buy anything more for decorating inside the house." You'd think I'm a shopaholic by the way that comment sounded, but it's not true. In fact, the most that I ever shop is ~ Christmas gifts for other people and ok, yes, the wedding decorations. Maybe Greg was concerned I'd put a nail on every square inch of the walls, but seriously, I don't have things hanging on every wall! I seem defensive, don't I? Well, I do like to decorate..... But I agreed with his request.

However, yesterday night I came home with a box. Greg said, "I thought we agreed...." And I replied, as I opened it to show him, "This is not for the INISIDE of the house, this is for the OUTSIDE of the house." He laughed, "I'm going to call you My Attorney." He says I notice the small, fine-line details, like an attorney does.

That wasn't true for today. I came home for lunch and how lovely to see Greg there! I walked outside to get the mail and Greg closed the door on me. I tried to pull it open to go back inside, but he kept it firmly closed and I asked him what was this about. He answered, "Look around you!" I thought, "Oh, geez, what is there a wasp or a bee on me or above me?" I bobbed my head up and down and around like a lost puppy. Greg started laughing at me and stated again, "LOOK around!" I turn my head and there's the sign I bought for the house, hanging up already. I was tickled to see it there!

Afterwards I went to the break tag station. Mine expired in January, but with so much going on, I completely forgot about it. Then I realized I needed a new windshield wiper before going to the station, as they wouldn't approve the torn up blade. Greg replaced both wipers for me, so off I went to the station. Typical stuff, checked the lights, horn, insurance card and then the guy working there did something different ~ he asked me to get out of my vehicle so he could drive it and test the brakes and he popped the hood! I was a little curious, after all, that was a first.

So, when I questioned about the hood, he responded with, "We're checking for Terrorists now." I was stumped for a second and the first thought that came to mind was, "What, you think there's a terrorist under the hood instead of an engine?!" The second thought was, "The Flintstones, with Fred and Barney under the hood, picking up the car and their feet running to make the car go." Yabba-Dabba-Doo! I looked at the guy and said, "You're kidding me, right." He answered, "Yes, I'm kidding. Now that the State Police are down the street with their binoculars on, we have to check everything. They fined us 2,000 for not looking under the hood."

I still have the Flintstones on my mind ~ we DO have a Pebbles (Greg's dog) - she's equally as cuddly and cute!

"Flintstones... Meet the Flintstones,
They're a modern stonage family.
From the town of Bedrock,
They're a page right out of history.
Let's ride with the family down the street.
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet.
When you're with the Flintstones,
have a yabba dabba doo time,
a dabba doo time,
we'll have a gay old time"

I'm so sorry, because if you know the song, it'll get stuck in your head now!

"Wiiillllllmmmmmmmaaaaaaa!!" hehe

Comments

larkswing said…
That is funny. This area doesn't check anything - brakes, emissions, under the hood - nada!

Yabba dabba dooooooo!
oh yes, that song is now stuck in my head alright....
GypsiAdventure said…
OH I love your sign...I used to have one and I miss it, so pretty!
~K
I really enjoyed your blog. Your wedding and honeymoon pictures were so good!
Thanks for sharing.
Hippomanic Jen said…
Yep. Stuck in my head. Thanks.
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Hi there kiddo!

Don't forget, with your new name, to change your Drivers License, Social Security Card, all your insurance stuff, beneficiary info, etc., etc. -- and get a Passport!!

Loved that Flintstones song! Yup. It's stuck in my head now!
Lilly said…
The sign is perfect and in the right place too! As for the Flinstones - I loved them so and yes, I will be humming that song now! By the way I lost my complete blogroll and am trying to add everyone again.
Anonymous said…
Oh my, I just loved the Flintstones when I was a kid and now thanks to you I actually know the proper words. And to think I've been singing it wrong all these years.

Loved the sign and it looks perfect by the front door. I'm surprised you didn't notice it right away :)
Holly said…
Awww, love the sign. I miss ours now. Most all wall decorations are still packed from the move (3+ years ago now) until each room is renovated. Hurumpf.

Gee thanks for that. The song stuck in my head. Ya, not really. :-P
A New Yorker said…
As soon as you started singing I stopped reading because as you said I didn't want it to get stuck in my head all day. :)

So when are you going to pull a funny on Greg? That I want video of.
Brandy said…
I love the sign and the story is so cute. He had you going for a minute! LOL!
Kimberly said…
"It's not for the inside, but for the outside" Too Funny!!! Sounds like something I would say and do...

Too cute.
Indrani said…
Too funny! Checking for terrorists... :) You almost believed it. And the song reminded me of my childhood days, when I used to stay glued to the TV watching them.

Thank you very much for the comment at mine. :)
Jessica said…
That sign is great!! :)
nikkicrumpet said…
Great new sign...and Greg is going to have to be VERY specific with you from now on lol
Heather said…
i love your sign! i would love to get one like it, and have thought about it, but don't know where to go around here!

they don't check a thing in our area. they walk around the car and go...ok looks good! and off you go!
my space said…
the name plate is really pretty...and they do it all the time in mumbai..check the hood,peer underneath and check the luggage compartment !!