Thar she SNOWS!


I get out the shower and hear Greg’s voice, “Honey, come here! Fast! NOW NOW!” Greg doesn’t get like that for anything, so I wrapped a towel around me and dashed towards his voice.


Unfreakin believable! It’s SNOWING! Looks like the weather folks got caught with their snow pants down, because it sure wasn’t in the forecast!


From Disney to Snow ~ now, THAT’s magic!

Greg bought me some flannel pj’s while we were at Disney (cute Mickey and Minnie are on them) to wear for when we go to N. Carolina on our honeymoon. I put the pj’s on last night, as it was chilly in the house. This morning after seeing the snow, Greg said, “It’s the PJs that made it snow!” There you go; all along Greg wanted to see snow this year. I can’t count how many times he said, “I wish it would snow.” (And asking for snow in New Orleans is…. Well… a snowballs chance in you know where!)

Our first snow together!

Greg must have seen the snow when it first started, because it wasn’t staying on the ground. We didn’t think it would last for long, but YEAH!!! It’s definitely still snowing and leaving that beautiful, Christmas card white blanket!

I called Mom and said, “Ma! Ma! Go outside! Now!” She replied, “Don’t tell me it’s snowing!” I called Rob and told him to go outside to see the snow. In his groggy voice he replied, “Aleta, that’s rain, not snow.” I told him to look up against something dark, because that stuff falling is white.

I could hear Rob telling Roda, “Really, it is snow!” (She didn’t know what that “white stuff” on the television was when she saw a show with snow, now she has it in real life!) I could hear Roda laughing in the background.
Greg went outside and made a snow angel. After a few minutes, the snow covered it again.
To see pictures of our December Snow - Click here.

Hot cup of chocolate to sip on, I’m happy.


Comments

MediMonsters said…
It was so much fun huh?? Maybe we will get so more later.
Walker said…
I just shoveled two feet of it out of my yard and can;t really get that excited about snow right now but I'm happy you are.
Reminds me of the first time my cousin saw snow when he moved to Canada.
He was running around like a insane person with his tongue out.
Why he didn't get arested I don;t know.
Two weeks and 2 feet of snow later he asked me when it stopped.
I told him April, it was October.
you got great pics, what a wonderful thing! I think the news said this is the EARLIEST date ever recorded for snow in NOLA---surprisingly, here in the snowbelt, all of ours was melted and the grass green, UNTIL NOW (foot expected overnight)
:)
Nichole said…
Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving me a comment!

Fun that you guys got snow today :o)
Jennifer said…
How exciting that you got snow! I'm glad you're enjoying it so much--I know my kid are hoping for a snow day soon!
Anonymous said…
Had the kitty seen snow before? Imagine what a mind-bender it must be for animals who've never experienced it!
Darlene said…
My parents are in Houston, Texas and they called me all excited last night saying it was snowing. Too COOL!!!
Anonymous said…
Lol! my cat's the same way!
larkswing said…
lol - this post about snow makes me happy! I love snow, and I am oh so jealous! Whooo hooo for you!
Yippee for the first snow! I love it! Now go make a snow angel!
Carrie
A New Yorker said…
I thought you don't use dirty words ;P
nikkicrumpet said…
You guys are so cute...getting all excited about snow! I'm thinking if you hang out here in New England for a few months you wouldn't find it so dang much fun! But I'm happy you guys got to enjoy it.
Kellan said…
I am so jealous of the snow and loved that video!

Have fun and stay warm.

Take care - Kellan
♥ Boomer ♥ said…
Aleta! It snowed here, too, only for a bit, but a bit is a bit is a bit in Texas!!!
Lilly said…
Oh wow how exciting. I so love snow except when it's a long term thing which seemed to be the case when I lived in Scotland. By the way it was great to hear that cute laugh of yours. Greg was excited and fair enough too!! the poor cat - probably was not sure what was going on. Cant wait to hear about your Disney trip.
Sukku said…
Well I never at the pleasure of seeing real snow except at a place here in KL where they had created artificial snow...but nice to know you had enjoyed yourself...my eldest son was excited about the first snow fall he had experienced in Moscow...he liked it
Dr. Wifey said…
i'm ready for some snow now!
GypsiAdventure said…
I'm so excited for you guys...I think the snow is great (when I don't have to drive in it or when I don't have to live in it year round). Poor kitty...:)
~K
Brandy said…
No offense but I hope it stays down there with you. I like the way it looks, but I don't the cold or driving in it. Ewwww. Bleck.
Well, well, enjoy the snow (what else can I say from sweaty Mumbai?). I wish i had some magic pajamas which would make it snow here as well.
We do not see snow fall in India [except at very few places]. I saw it at Sikkim and was thrilled. Your story reminded me of those magical moments.
Vivek
grace said…
i could feel your excitement jumping off the screen! i miss the days when i got excited about snow...now i'm starting to just dread it. :(
Kavi said…
Ah ! Snow ! Its been a dream for me to be in snow !

Someday..

your post gives me inspiration to look for that time..!
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful happy post. It does my heart good to see that some folks are still excited about the simple things in life. I wish it would snow here. I got really excited last week because it rained :)
Jen's Farmily said…
I wish I had your excitement for snow! :)
Heather said…
i love snow...when it gets school cancelled. ha!

we've had our fair share of it already, but nothing that is so bad we've had no school. couple delays, and that's about it.

still a few months to go though!
Vikki North said…
To cute Aleta- and I love your snow leopard also. You really made me smile.
Vikki
Debbie Y. said…
Love the snow, wish we had gotten some of it over here in Bama, but it played out before it got here or we were too warm or something like that.

Just sniffing the air while making the goodies made me gain weight. But I did not partake of any didn't even lick the spoon. Very proud of myself.
Anonymous said…
All I got to say is keep the snow right there!

You could share some Disney though :)
Sayani said…
season of love :)

merry Christmas
Tabitha Blue said…
Oh, that's so great!!!!! Snow can be so much fun!! Glad you were able to enjoy it!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com
Holly said…
Snow is lovely and all that, and I love it too, but 'round here, 'round about April, you get rather sick of yet another storm, bringing yet more snow.

But seriously, why, oh why, did Greg buy you flannel pj's for your honeymoon? Tell him I said you guys are like an old married couple already! :-)