Dusty Butt

According to Greg this blog should have a new name, Dusty Butt. Or at the least, he has a new nickname for me.

Mom and Dad wanted to give us our Wedding Gift early, so that we could enjoy it with this lovely spring (yes, spring) weather. Remember, Louisiana has only two seasons: Summer and Summer Lite.

Greg is installing the gift right now. I love watching him handle power tools. Sexy Man! (Ladies, don’t you agree ~ it’s a turn on to see a man put things together, with the ability to do so while not cussing AND be competent in handling the tools.)

The Purchase: We went to Home Depot this morning. I picked up Mom in my car and Greg went to his parents’ home to pick up their truck. We met at Home Depot. The gift is a screen door for the office section of our home. For some reason, that room is always the warmest and there is only one window we can open. Having a screen door will help the room to breath easier. But instead of just getting one, Greg agreed that having a second screen door (there are two doors in the office that face outside), would be a good idea, so he bought another one. It’s going to create a lovely cross breeze!

The screen door is cool! It’s a glass door with a hide-away screen. When you pull down the top glass section, the screen slides down, so you don’t have to remove the glass from the door (which was the style for the longest time). How neat!

Greg loaded the two screen doors into the back of the truck, but you can’t lay them flat, because it’s glass. He had to stand them up on the side and he had one rope going around the doors. The truck gate had to remain down, because the doors were too long. It was decided that I would ride in the back of the truck, to keep the doors secure. Mom remained at Home Depot, waiting for us to return. (I think she talked Dad into getting a screen door for their house too!)

The Ride: The truck bed has hard ridges on it and as the doors pressed into me, my tush was taking the brunt of it, along with the bumps in the road. Eeeoouch! Greg had his window down as he drove and I called out, “I don’t mind being back here, but next time… I WANT A PILLOW.”

The Nickname: After we unloaded the doors, I remarked, “I have ridges in my butt and imagine it’ll turn to bruises!” Greg got a good laugh from it. We picked up Mom, then Dad, to go to a restaurant for lunch. I remarked as I got out of the vehicle, “Man, that was a rough ride. I think I have a dusty butt.” Hence the post title ~ I should know better than to say such things around Greg.

If you have followed my blog, you’ll know any time we go to a restaurant, there has to be a story, right? The waitress took our drink orders. Every ordered the same, Diet RC. Wow, haven’t had that in a long time, since I was a child. They didn’t serve Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. Surprisingly, Diet RC tastes just like Diet Coke!

When the waitress came back, she served Mom, then me and then she said out loud, “I have to serve the ladies first.” The waitress went to serve the drink to Greg and Greg replied, “And you serve ME next because I just had a sex change!” She had this look of, “OooooKkkkk…” But she caught on quick enough to his sense of humor. By the time we paid the bill, the waitress called out, “Make sure ya’ll come back and see me again here. I’ll remember you (pointing to Greg), because you’re the transvestite!” Yeah, honey, that’s a great way to have people remember you. Hehe.

Oh and a quick note. I mentioned Napkins and Roda’s comment to Rob, “Never ask for napkins in the Philippines.” I noticed today when Mom gave me a box that it says, “Napkins * Servilletas” I think I’ll start calling them servilletas!

And don’t forget ~ tomorrow ~ I will announce the Bracelet Winner - Woo Hoo!

Comments

Lilly said…
That is so funny Aleta. Your posts are always so entertaining.

Yes, I think I love a man who is great at fixing things too - you are lucky there. The screendoors sound great. You will have to post pictures when Greg gets it all done so we can see.

So what would the temperature be in your coldest months there? At least it means you do not have to have a lot of warm clothes!

Greg is a transvestite? Well who would have thought LOL! Too funny. Mmmm my father always did that kind of thing when in restaurants - practicial joker. No wonder I was embarassed for much of my childhood. I learnt to laugh eventually.

Have a great week and I cannot wait to see those doors!
larkswing said…
Cussless installation of anything requiring tools is sexy!! hehe

Love the stump the waitress!! Too funny!

Have a great Sunday Evening Dusty Butt! HA!
Pickup truck butt???????
Oh goodness, what a post!
Kristi said…
I agree that a man installing anything with the use of powertools is sexy. What is this "no cussing" that you speak of? I always assumed that the 2 just go together, like PBJ.
Walker said…
I bet you make Greg wear the toolbelt to bed at night to ;)

Riding in the back of the piskup is illegal here but i can just imagine the beating your butt must have had back there.
But i think it helps reduce everyhting to because I remember 3 years after I bought my car I got a flat and went for the spare and was surprised to find this little donut of a tire and figured all those years bouncing around in the trunk it got smaller.
Maybe i can get someone to lock me in the trunch for a couple of months hmmmm
nikkicrumpet said…
I'm pretty sure "dusty butt" is preferable to "bumby butt" so I'd stick with it. It will be so nice for you to be able to cool off that room. Although it's hard for me to imagine being to hot now that we are headed into the winter months here. And Congratulate your hubby on his recent successful surgery. Going from a woman to a man...I'm pretty sure he's gonna miss having a brain!
Wep said…
Dusty Butt!!! Awesome!
Hippomanic Jen said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm sorry to have to inform you that the cold in the head I'm currently battling is actually a SUMMER cold (being the southern hemisphere over here) which I believe are very much worse than winter ones.

I'm glad you have some screen doors for your office. You'll be so cool.
Bar L. said…
I completely agree about a man who can handle tools well :)
The Blonde Duck said…
That's so funny. Ya'll are married already if you're getting excited about screen doors!
Kimberly said…
I have to say, a post titled "Dusty Butt" surely grabbed my attention! lol

As for men and power tools. Ah, yes. I have a thing for watching my hubby's forearms. That's probably strange of me, but for some reason I think they are sexy all flexing and stuff...

Funny funny post.
Heather said…
good thing you don't get embarrassed easy, it sounds like your man likes to have fun when he is out! :)
GypsiAdventure said…
Yay for the new doors...how exciting!

I swear you always have the most humorous stories...I bet you make your waitress' day with your jokes. :)

Have a great week!
~K
Vikki North said…
Great story. You made me laugh 'dusty butt.' I love Greg's spunk also. What a character you're marrying.
Vikki
I love screen doors! I bet that one is going to work really well in the office, and the extra one to create a cross breeze is a great idea!
Carrie
Anonymous said…
Ha! That's a good story!
Dusty Butt! Lol!!
Your hubby sounds like a trip!! :)
Anonymous said…
Hope your butt wasn't really bruised!
Holly said…
I love it when my man wields tools with a sleeveless shirt.
Holly said…
Now see, that is why I love living up here. We have the full four season - currently we are in 'almost winter', next comes 'winter', then 'still winter', and finally, to round out the year, we have 'mud season'.

Hmmm, I don't let my husband touch the power tools, unless it is cordless. The man is not good with tools, hand yes, tools no. He cut the cord to the circular saw WITH the circular saw once!