You've Been Tagged

20 Questions - A TAG from The Scatterbrain (which she definitely is NOT)

1. If your lover betrayed you, what would your reaction be?

This happened to me in the past. I admire women who can move beyond this. But I don't think I could. It's not just the betrayed emotion, it's the corruption of trust.

2. If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?

To have a family with Greg.

3. Whose butt would you like to kick?

Can I just say "Congress" for that horrible Bailout Blunder..

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?

Well, I don't play the lottery, not likely to happen. But hey, if I were dreaming, I'd pay out our homes, and those of our loved ones. That's a roof over their heads and ours, which gives a sense of accomplishment. I would donate money to "Lighthouse of the Blind" because they helped my Mom and to our church to help with those in need. I would invest in the future generation ~ i.e. education. And put the rest of the money in a bank that is outside of the US, because I don't have a lot of trust in the system these days!

5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?

I did better than that... I fell in love with a man that I've always hoped for and never thought existed.

6. Which is more blessed: loving someone or being loved by someone?

I think.... being loved by someone. There's a lot of love that can be given, but when you are the recipient, what a blessing!

7. How long would you wait for someone you loved?

Greg would say, "46 years." That was his age when he met me. I'd say, "37 years." When I met him. He was WORTH the wait and whatever paths I went on prior to meeting him.

8. If the person you secretly like is attached, what will you do?

Ask myself why would I become attached to someone who isn't emotionally available and realize that I'm worth more!

9. If you could root for one social cause, what would it be?

Education. Mom is a teacher. They need the support.

10. What takes you down the fastest?

People being cruel.

11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

Happily married, sharing time with family, hopefully with a child.

12. What's your fear?

Right now... every time Greg gets into a car and has to go on a two-lane highway. I'll get over it, but I'm nervous for him and his safety.

13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

I think she's creative, thoughtful, kind-spirited. She brings hope to those who read her. She's going to make a wonderful Mother.

14. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?

Married and poor. Love is the treasure.

15. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?

Snuggle with Greg!

16. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously who will you pick?

Greg. Only him.

17. Would you give all in a relationship?

Is there another way? If you don't give it your all, then it's not a relationship.

18. Would you forgive and forget someone no matter how horrible a thing he has done?

I have to be honest. I can forgive someone, because it’s for that person as much as it is for me. I don’t want the burden of not forgiving someone and it’s not for me to judge another person. But if it’s over something that breaks trust in a really bad way, I’m not likely to want to continue the relationship/friendship.


19. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?

Now that I've met Greg ~ In a Relationship!

20. List of 6 people to Tag:

Lilly, Lauren, Kel, Laurel, Debbie, Caroline

TGIF ~ Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Wep said…
That's one of the more unique memes. Very deep questions...
Aleta said…
Hi Wep ~ I thought the same thing when I read it on Scatterbrain's blog and I thought, "Wow, interesting questions, good thing someone didn't ask me about them" and then ~ I looked at who got tagged! It was thought-provoking to answer ~ I'd love it if everyone would participate!
Lilly said…
Great questions And even more fantastic answers Aleta. I can tell you are really content. And mature and settled. The other thing that your answers show is that you are confident in yourself and know what you want and what you wouldn't put up with. I agree breach of trust is the most hurtful thing there is. It's a deal breaker for me too. And as for teachers my mother, three sister and brother are/were teachers. So I have to agree with that one too! OK I will add this to my list of posts to do. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Oh and I am going to look into what you said about your mother's computer - it's software I take it. I know you mentioned your mother's lack of sight in a much earlier post but I had completely forgot and when I have seen recent pictures of her on your blog it never occurred to me - thanks for the tip on that one anyway - I will see as he is a little deaf too.
A New Yorker said…
I think my psychic feelers were up cause I knew I'd be tagged on this one :-D

I LOVE your answer about being 37. You have NO IDEA how that gives me hope! and the last three letters in the verification for me are hgs. NO FAKE.
Kellan said…
These were great answers. I will go with you to handle #3!!!!

Have a great weekend - Kellan
Karen said…
Great answers Aleta. I definitely think you and Greg are a match made in heaven.
Rashikaps said…
Liked your answers .. Wish you and Greg every happiness together..
Deepa said…
great job Aleta! Wasn't it fun doing it?

Thanks for all the compliments!
Aleta said…
Hi Lilly ~ It took me a long time to figure out what I would put up with and what I wouldn’t. I took some hard lessons in that and I think God is shaking His head and going, “She gave me a headache, listen already.” I am. I learned that gut instinct is something we should believe in – called trusting ourselves. Thank you for your kind words. I’ve never met you, but your words inspire and lift the spirits. Let me know how it goes with the computer software. I’ll ask Mom about it in the meantime and let you know what I find out!

Hi Lauren ~ Good, I’m glad it gives you hope. I personally think that no woman should get married until she’s done these two things: 1) Lived on her own so she knows what she wants and what she likes and – knows she CAN live on her own 2) waits until her 30’s, because life changes too much in the 20’s.

Hi Kellan ~ I wish we could get a band wagon together and hop on over there. I’d like to kick some butt for that bailout. Ugh.

Hi Gypsy ~ Aww, thank you. It’s taken me a long time to find him. If it wasn’t for the Internet he and I would never have met, yet we live in the same city (a big one, but still our homes were not even 10 minutes away).

Hi Rashikaps ~ Thank you for the wishes. That’s a treasure for us and we appreciate it!

Hi Scatterbrain ~ I think I might call you Lamp instead, that seems better. Yes, it was fun doing, but it did take some thought, which I enjoyed. Thank you for tagging me!