Greg Won

Greg and I had a bet, well, we weren’t betting anything, but we do silly things like that. He bet that we would have over 20 trick or treat er’s this year, but I said under 20. By 8:30pm, it was at 17 and I was doing a happy dance. We were standing outside and then I looked down the street and said, “OH NO!” A group of kids about 7 of them were heading our way! Greg won. Final count of kids ~ 24

As the kids were coming to our door, Greg took pictures of them and said, “We’re going to put these pictures on a poster next year and title it, ‘These are the kids we ate last year.’” Which will make it cute for the kids to see their outfits from the previous year. The parents thought it was great.

Greg is already coming up with ideas on how to make it a really cool Halloween next year with a Haunted House! He said, “This is a great neighborhood. People are outside with candy. One guy is on his porch handing out Satsumas (they are like oranges, but smaller and sweeter and easier to peel) and another house has strobe lights and fog coming out. There's even a block party two streets down where there are lights connecting each house and rows of tables with food."

I’ve always liked this neighborhood; it’s friendly, quiet, but active with children and that makes it fun! Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Instead of posting all of the adorable costumes, you’re welcome to visit my Picasa Site with the pictures.

Comments

C said…
Your hubby is awesome! What fun you guys have!
Unknown said…
20? That's it? Wow, 20 would be awesome. We usually see 20 in the first 20 minutes. I love handing out candy though. Too fun.
kari and kijsa said…
Just stopping by to wish you the happiest of Halloweens!

blessings,

kari & kijsa
Pat MacKenzie said…
Sounds like a lovely neighbourhood you live in - and you and Greg fit right in. Love the poster idea.
Sukku said…
Nice photos and you have an interesting neighbourhood...
A New Yorker said…
That's so funny. This year there were so many trick or treaters in my neighborhood too. Here they go to the stores and not the homes. Last year there was really nuttin'. Must be in the air! COOL BEANS FOR YOU GUYS.
Jennifer said…
Happy Halloween Aleta!!It's sounds like you live on a fun block--I love the Halloween spirit!!
Kavi said…
Seems like a swell neighbourhood !! Thanks for sharing those pics. gives a perspective of your life and times there !!!

Wonderful. And about losing the bet..well, i guess its all in the family !!!

:)
Lilly said…
What a great idea of Gregs to take the pictures - sounds like a really great neighborhood.
Anonymous said…
i just went to the picassa site and snooped around in some of your other albums as well. hope you don't mind.

:)

im nosy that way.
Shanda said…
Thanks for visiting my blog! Come back anytime!

I think the poster idea is awesome...
Crystal Rae said…
that sounds like lots of fuN! lol Wish i lived in that neighborhood, LOL.
larkswing said…
LOL, that poster will be great! Sounds like all your holidays will be great - the two of you!
Queenie Jeannie said…
I have blogged about your bracelet!! Sooo not educated on the whole linky-link thing but it's here: http://happy-jeannie.blogspot.com/2008/11/super-cool-bracelet-giveaway.html

I'm in two times, yay me!!

Jeannie
Jessica said…
Aw, that's great. I enjoyed the pictures. Only 2 kids came to our door. Can you believe that? Our street is kinda dark, and there are not many little kids in the neighborhood.
Holly said…
Well this was the 4th straight year for us here with 0 trick-or-treaters. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Zip. How very boring. I have to admit, it's the one thing I do miss about our neighborhood in VA - a mass of Griswold's lived there is seemed, each trying to outdo the other in the Halloween deocarations. Adults and kids ALL dressed up - either taking their kids around the neighborhood, or at their own house handing out candy. It was loads of fun. This year, to save myself from eating it all, I didn't even bother buying any candy, since the past 3 years it was a battle to either not eat it myself, or not allow my children to eat it all on top of the candy they got trick or treating.
Caroline said…
looks like you had a great Halloween. I love when the whole neighborhood gets together and celebrates! This is why Halloween is my favorite holiday!
Looks like you had a lot of fun! I plan to sit home and hand out candy next year, I have never been able to do that! Thanks for visiting my blog on me featured Sits day! Stop by anytime!
Tabitha Blue said…
That's funny! Sounds like a fun night and what a great neighborhood! You two crack me up! :)
Karen said…
Wow what a great neighbourhood. It sounds like where I grew up. We didn't have much but we knew how to make the most of what we did have. It was a wonderful childhood and I'm sure you and Greg are adding special memories for these kids to remember one day.
Cass said…
Sounds like you had a great halloween! Thanks for stopping by my saucy blog & hope to see you again!
Anonymous said…
I love the idea for the poster of "kids you ate last year" - so funny. It sounds like you had a fun Halloween. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Your comments were so kind and sweet. Hope you have a great week!
Greg C said…
Greg's rock. Can other greg's win? If so, I have a great story.
Aleta said…
Hi Greg C ~ sure, someone other than my fiance with the name of "Greg" can win. Lol. Looking forward to hearing your story!
Lesley said…
Very cool idea.....about the pictures...love it