Gadget Guy

Greg is a Gadget Guy. Those shiny new techno cool toys just call his name. I could open his closet doors and show you all sorts of stuff that I have no idea what it is or how it works. But ask Greg and he could give you a run down and the reason he bought it. Some of it is pretty nifty.


When Greg was vehicle shopping, he asked me if I wanted to come with him to the dealerships. I replied, "No. You do the shopping, pricing, look on-line for the quality, etc. and once you bring it down to the two vehicles that you like the most, then let me know." He did so, going from dealership to dealership with a great deal of patience. It came down to the Sante Fe and the Edge.


I won't go into the differences. Both are very nice vehicles. Greg said, "I'm leaving it in your hands. You pick the vehicle for me." You'd think I would be surprised with that comment, but not really. Greg is known for something of this nature. When we go to restaurants, he'll tell the waiter, "You pick for me. I will give you three options and you decide the meal for me, but don't tell me. Let it be a surprise." You should see the waiter's expression ~ makes them so nervous!


I told Greg, "If I were to buy a vehicle for me, it would be the Sante Fe. It feels smaller and looks easier to operate. But for you, I'd pick the Edge, because it has all the gadgets and that would make you happy."


We went on-line to see what other Edge people thought of the vehicle. Lots of positive feedback, but we kept reading about the great BAMR, "Love the BAMR" "Never seen a BAMR like this before" "BAMR has awesome view" stuff like that; we had to investigate what BAMR stood for... (pardon the language as I quote the meaning) "BAMR = Big Ass Moon Roof" and yes it IS big!


There are lots of great toys in the vehicle; Greg is in his glory. You can preset the seat position to Setting 1 or Setting 2 for two different drivers. Greg told me to sit in the driver's seat and adjust it and he programmed it to Setting 1. I told him, "No, no. I should be Setting 2. This your vehicle." Greg replied, "You'll always be my number one." Awwww....


This "crossover" vehicle (new credo for SUV, I suppose) has the Sync system. Greg has an Ipod, so he loves this feature. The system also enables the bluetooth mobile phones and I have to admit.... the sound quality is superb, both hearing the person in the vehicle and being on the receiving end of the phone call. It's a little weird to talk to your car with voice commands, yet that's a great selling point to make the operations hands free.


Ok, I'm not trying to sell the vehicle, but it really is nice and I love the fact that I can adjust the steering column down. Hey, I'm short and I don't need a steering wheel in my view! But honestly, the main reason Greg wanted one of those two vehicles is because they both received 5 Stars for safety. The Ford Edge has 5 airbags, including the ones that come down the side. His safety is all that matters, gadgets or not. If he believes the vehicle is safe and I trust Greg's research, then I'll trust the vehicle as well.


Oh and I should mention that Greg got an additional discount for being a previous Ford owner. He really is biased towards Ford, which makes a lot of sense given the last Ford he was in with a head-on car accident... he walked away from it! With Greg's research, with the vehicle being a demo and it being a 2008 when 2009's are coming on the lot, we got a great price.


Greg held out the keys and said, "Best part about it - it's paid for!"

Comments

Linda S said…
I likeeee...I think you made a great choice and love the color...guys are good for something?
Kimberly said…
Nice car!

I almost feel as if I should go buy one now, you did such a good job in advertising..lol :)

My hubby wouldn't know what to do with a gadget, if it bit him. lol

I think you and your Greg are very cute. I feel the need to "awww" when I read your posts. :)

Good luck with the car!
Kellan said…
That's a great looking vehicle. We like Fords too! It is nice all the gadgets that come in cars these days!

Have a good afternoon - Kellan
I wish my husband had a smidge of that in him. The part about liking choices. See, I'll say to him "where do you want to go to dinner?" And what I suppose I really mean is give me three places you might like to eat tonight. But what he hears is either "give me an edict of where we must eat." And instead refuses to "play" because he might choose wrong.

Love the new car and all the gadgets...
Lilly said…
I really love that car and that is the colour of my car. Yes men love theri gadgets and its the way of the world and its good because I have no clue whatsoever.

You both handled the car purchase really well. And I agree with Hillbilly Duhn - you and Greg are so cute - you can just tell from your writing that its a 'match made in heaven'. I cannot wait for the wedding (how sad am I?)
So pleased to meet you, I shall put you on my favorites list so I can keep track of you!
A New Yorker said…
You guys are so cute together...but the car looks great, the smile too on his face, the shiny new keys ...but please those sandels...HAHA! (I don't like sandels on men:)
nikkicrumpet said…
very niiiiiice! Lucky you my truck is 8 years old dagnabbit! And yes you should go over to SITS and check it out...tons of fun and you'll meet lots of new bloggers!
Jennifer said…
Looks like a great car! I think it's great that he does so much research first!
C said…
I hate car shopping...the salespeople are pushy!

Gotta love no car payments!!!
Dr. Wifey said…
thanks for visiting my blog! love the vehicle - wish mine was paid for :)
Debbie Y. said…
Well, if he has the Edge on safety that's all that matters. Never know if another accident is lurking in his future. Heaven forbid!


Go to the SITS site and click where it says how to get started as a SITS girl. You can meet a lot of new bloggers by reading the featured blog and the saucy blogs.
Rick said…
Nice looking ride - guys love gadgets.
Kavi said…
Cool car ! Congratulations ! The option to give waiters the option to choose is something that i havent considered..my learning for the day !!!

Lovely. Thank You !
Ooooooh NICE! My friend just got the same one in the same color. They LOVE it!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Welcome to SITS! You're so going to be addicted! ;-) I need blog rehab or so says my hubby! hahaha

~melody~

Oh and about my wedding business. I don't have a blog for it. I'm taking a LONG break to be with the baby. I own an invitation business that focused on weddings and then I worked with tons of wedding vendors to help put everything together. I did it all locally, so I'm not much help now am I? lol
Tabitha Blue said…
Sounds like a great vehicle... it always fun to get a new one too!!!
Crystal Rae said…
Hey there! Gadget Guy, sounds like my Hubby. He's in to all that jazz. Good choice on the car, (EDGE) i like it!

I would have done the same thing with car shopping decision!!! :)
Heather said…
hm. gm girl myself. :) never had anything but. probably because my dad worked for gm for a very long time and wouldn't let us buy anything else. but i must admit, it is a nice looking vehicle. thanks so much for stopping by my blog and making comments!
Karen said…
I have always driven Ford's too. it has never been a conscious decision but I just always seem to end up with a Ford.

I don't bother with too many gadgets because usually I can't figure out how they work anyway. Keep it simple is my motto.


Your Greg sounds like a wonderful man Aleta.
Heather said…
oh, i forgot to answer your question about the flowers. a florist did that for us. there was some shape able vine on two stands that they then attached the green vine and flowers too...that is about all i know.
Aleta said…
Hi Linda ~ I think they call the color 'blue lightening' or something like that. The first night we saw the vehicle, I actually thought it was a light blue. Interesting what light can do with colors.

Hi Wep ~ I like it too, it has a different look to the front than most cars. It has a strong shape that I associate with Greg. :-)

Hi Rashikaps ~ Greg thinks so too!

Hi Hillbilly Duhn ~ I’m not a gadget gal either. Thank you for saying we look cute. He makes me go “Aww” a lot too!

Hi Kellan ~ From what I read, Fords cater to the gadget cravings. Once you get spoiled to a car like that, it’s hard to go for something else.

Hi Kat ~ That’s too funny about the choices. The first time Greg did that, it freaked me out, but now I’m used to it. For restaurant ideas, we have actually written down all of the restaurants we like, cut them into little pieces of paper – folded the paper and put it in a bowl. When we don’t know where we want to go, one of us closes our eyes and fishes a piece of paper out and presto ~ decision made!

Hi Lilly ~ You always make me smile, I just have to say that. We’re a good compliment. I finally feel that… “fit”… and it makes me happy! I can’t wait for the wedding too! I’ll have to start blogging about wedding plans, but I’m afraid people will go “ugh, Wedding talk” Lol. I’ll try to keep it tame though.

Hi Gary Rith ~ Thank you for adding me to your list. Hope you enjoy. I write about just about anything.

Hi Lauren ~ Hehe. He LOVES those sandals ~ says they are very comfortable. I can’t begrudge him comfort.

Hi Jessica ~ Thank you!

Hi Nikki ~ Greg’s vehicle before this was 2001, I think. He was hoping to keep it for a couple more years. The car accident prompted a new purchase. Thanks for the info on SITS!

Hi Jennifer ~ I wouldn’t know the first thing to look for with a vehicle, so I was tickled that he did the research. He would report back to me the findings and how the vehicle drove, the features, the prices. He really got into it.

Hi C ~ No kidding there! Oh, I have to share.. When Greg got it down to 2 vehicles, we went to both car lots. The first one we went to was the Santa Fe. Greg specifically told the sales lady that we were NOT looking to purchase that night, because I had not seen the Edge yet. We asked for a bottom line price though to know what we were getting into. She told us to sit and wait for the manager. He came in and gave us this LONG spiel on how it’s the VALUE of the vehicle that we have to be sold on, not the price. And once we were SOLD on the VALUE of the vehicle, then and ONLY then would he give us a price. The manager actually REFUSED to quote a price! We walked out of the lot. I told Greg, “That was a foolish tactic on the manager’s part. It might have cost him a sale.” It did.

Hi Dr Wifey ~ We were fortunate with savings and insurance money from the car accident. Even though the lady who hit him only had minimum coverage, it helped to go towards the check for the payment. It’s a relief not to have a car note.

Hi Debbie ~ That’s the truth. As careful as a person can be, you never know about the people driving around you. There are some really angry, careless people on the road these days.

Hi Rick ~ Thank you for stopping by my blog. Glad you like the ride, rides good too! I enjoyed the Santa Cartoon on your blog – too funny.

Hi Kavi ~ There you go, learn something new each day, that’s a blessing!

Hi Melody ~ You have a lovely name. While Greg and I were looking at vehicles, we saw someone driving an Edge and asked what they thought of it, “It’s fantastic!” was the response. I’m glad he bought that one and I love the color too! Thanks for dropping by. Wish that you could help me with the wedding plans, I’ll probably blog about wedding stuff soon and if you happen to see something or an idea, feel very welcome to let me know!

Hi Tabitha Blue ~ I agree! I like the new car smell, how funny is that?

Hi Crystal ~ I’m glad I’m not the only one. I figured that Greg would look into the details and if he really wanted my input, then let it be on the final two. This is his vehicle, so I didn’t want to influence him with my thoughts.

Hi Wolf ~ Is that a dog or a wolf in your profile picture? Thanks for stopping by as well! Oh and thanks for the info on the flowers. I’ll have to see if there are any such vines that we could make one.. hmm..

Hi Gypsy ~ When Greg had to read the manual to figure out how to use the gadgets, I laughed and said, “That’s why I would want something simple!” Just give me AC, automatic windows and locks and I’m good to go! Yes, I think he is a wonderful man too. I’m a lucky woman.