You are the Sun in my Sky

I was in the car, having just dropped Greg off at his parents’ home for a visit. On my way to Walgreen’s to pick up a couple of items that we needed, kitty litter, shampoo small stuff like that. The light poles danced in Ike’s wind, reminding me that we were riding the cape’s end of his path. My mind drifted, happens when I go on automatic pilot, thinking about the things that have recently happened and softly.. these words filtered from the radio between my thoughts…

“If I had to live without you
What kind of life would that be”


My eyes widened with the words and my heart thumped hard..

“Oh I, I need you in my arms
Need you to hold
You're my world, my heart, my soul”


I know, I KNOW, he’s home and safe and recovering… I made a turn on another street and wondered if I should pull over; the song gripped me to the point of tears…

“Without you, there'd be no sun in my sky
There would be no love in my life
There'd be no world left for me”

I have never related to music with this much emotion, never realized the depth of love…

“how do I live without you
how do I live without you baby”



I can just imagine Greg reading this now and saying, “That’s so sappy.” Yes, I’ll admit, OK, I’m sappy. It was one of those moments that caught me unprepared and that day flooded my mind.

I’m grateful that he’s here, watching TV right now. We washed the dog this afternoon, enjoyed a chicken salad sandwich for supper…. Routine stuff that was taken for granted in the past. I don’t need a lot of things in life, but the love of this man, Gregory Patrick O’Brien, that I need.

Then I remember today’s date and all the bloggers who have shared their emotions of 9/11, some who were actually there in NYC and DC and Pennsylvania… and I wonder ~ How many heard that same song and wept for their loss… My prayers go to you and to the memories.

For the every day people in this world that maybe you don’t say it often to or haven’t in a while or maybe it’s only been a day since you’ve heard from them ~ let them know they are loved... because you just never know… Life, Love… it’s precious. It's worth putting aside any differences or small things blocking the way of reaching out to each other. Because that's what truly counts, the connection that we have, that bond and if we're lucky ~ that love.

Comments

Kellan said…
Yes - this was a day to thank God for our blessings and for those that we love. This was a very touching post and I think you are very lucky to have someone you love so much! Take care - Kellan
Ugich Konitari said…
To be able to think of those whose sky is darkened with clouds, at a moment when yours is brightened by a shining sun....this is such a great gift in life...

Wish both you and Greg a bright and sunny future !muqhlzou
GypsiAdventure said…
Beautifully put! There are so many things that get over looked as life moves along, its really a wonderful thing when we can say that our life has been shared with love.

I am so happy that you found someone that makes you feel so loved and is so loved by you!

Have a wonderful Friday!!
~K
Sue Wilkey said…
That is a beautiful post - I will give my hubby extra kisses when he comes home tonight. :)
Yes, 9/11 touched us all over here, too. If only love could cure or cancel out all the hate in the world, we would not have to live under the shadow of man-made death.
Lilly said…
Heartfelt and lovely post. You know whats important in life Aleta and that song does say it all. Take Care of each other!
Renae said…
This is a beautiful post, and so true. We should take every opportunity to show love to those special people, because we never know when it may be our last chance. Thanks for the reminder.
Debbie Y. said…
At the time of 9-11, I didn't have the love of my life in my life, but now I am blessed and I know what you mean by that song. I am a very sappy person too. Music emotions sweep over me when my mind registers the moving words with each song.
Vikki North said…
Hi Aleta,
Very heart warming little post. I’ve lost a great number of the people I love most in my life. The strange thing about loving someone so much is that even death can’t divide you. That love you have and feel-never ceases to exist.

When you loose someone, you simply take him or her with you when you enter the next chapter in your life.

Vikki
Rashikaps said…
Very touching post, Aleta.. Also, liked Vikki's comment. Stay blessed. :)
Constance said…
I've loved like that before.... Connections are everything, very well said, Aleta.
GingerJar said…
I can actually picture you in the car...pulling over...that is something I would do. Songs sometimes say best what we mean in our hearts. Beautiful post.